Friday, May 11, 2007

Pea Pod- Finished at Last!

The poor thing has been sitting mostly done (seams seamed and ends woven in) for a week or two now... I finally got around to sewing some buttons on this afternoon!

Here it lies, unblocked but wearable-
And here it lies on the baby it was intended for- my sweet pea!

That was a fun knit. I enjoyed some simple pleasure knitting for my baby! I spend a lot of my knitting time working up samples for trunk shows or working out new designs, either way I end up parting with the finished product- and not by way of gift-giving. It's a nice way to earn a little money but it can be disenheartening at times to think of all the knitting I've done over a few months and how none of it ended up on my children... So I am determined to devote a good portion of my available knitting hours to personal projects, at least most weeks, weeks with no deadlines looming near... speaking of which, I've got more editing to get to...

Happy knitting,

ali

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Romi said...

That is totally *adorable*!

5/11/2007 8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww...what a cutie.

That would be hard, giving away your knitting. I get so attached to whatever I'm making.

5/11/2007 9:52 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Aww, Pea Pod is a livin' doll!!!

5/11/2007 10:01 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Wow, Ali, it's beautiful! And on your sweet pea, it's soooo adorable. The two colors are wonderful. You did a gorgeous job. I don't think you need to block it, it sure looks like it's already blocked.

5/12/2007 12:00 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

What a sweetheart! She's beautiful and so is your Pea Pod. It doesn't look in need of blocking to me, either.

5/13/2007 12:52 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

So very sweet! Oh and the Pea Pod sweater is adorable too! ;)

5/15/2007 5:14 AM  
Blogger SheepsPyjamas said...

Can't figure which is more awww-some, the sweater on the tyke, or the smile on the tyke. Beautiful!

5/15/2007 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails