Thursday, March 29, 2007

Pea Pod - 1st Sleeve Done!

My mom once told me that someone once told her (he said she said, or she said he said...) that men are like file cabinets- they can only have one drawer open at a time. It had something to do with the fact that they can't have a conversation on the phone and fill you in at the same time, it just doesn't work. Many women I know, on the other hand can talk to the in-law on the phone, fill in her husband as the conversation goes, correct children as the need arises as well as answering a half-dozen questions that are really important now that she's on the phone, throw a load of towels in the washer and make good progress with getting dinner ready or to the table, all at the very same time. It's called multi-tasking, and it's one area where many, if not most, women excel. And this was my multi-tasking for the evening. With only a few rows to go on the first sleeve of my Pea Pod sweater for my very first real KAL (knit-a-long), I wasn't going to let a wee little nursing baby impede my progress.
Ta-da! One sleeve, done. Not yet blocked, but knit unto completion. Like the little fair isle variation? I liked the green, excuse me, Avocado, too much to limit it to mere edging. I thought a few dots about midway up the sleeve would suit it quite nicely. I'm loving the color combo.
I've got a laid back Friday scheduled tomorrow so that 2nd sleeve getting done is a distinct possibility. Although, I should try to get another tech edit done in the AM and sent off before getting too distracted... work before play, at least that's what they say...
So far, so fun. The first chart (bottom rib) was easy to follow, though intimidating at first glance with that one big funky shape... and the rest of the directions for the sleeve were very straightforward, in my opinion. I am looking forward to getting to the rest of this sweater, and I'm thinking I need to expand my needle collection to make the hat as well...
That's enough for tonight, I can hear that baby having too much fun with daddy and I think I'd better get in on some of that cooing!
Happy knitting,
ali

1 Comments:

Blogger Sylvia said...

So your gauge must've been right on with the first attempt. You live dangerously! ;) Anyway, I love what you did with that little fair isle addition. Looks very cute. Now you'll just need a sweet dress from Oilily or Hannah Anderson to complete the ensemble.

3/30/2007 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails