Tuesday, May 08, 2007

First Blue Sky Fall Sneak Peak

Okay- I can't leak everything early, but this is a fun one for me to leak because I've already knit up a sample of this hat so I know firsthand how quickly and simply this knits up- add to that how wonderful the Royal is to work with and you've got a nice knit. And the best part (in my stash-building mind) is that you'll have enough yarn to make two... or maybe a baby item or two- the Royal makes absolutely luscious baby items... There's a lot of yarn in that there skein! (Keep that in mind when faced with the price tag!)
It's hard to tell in such a small photo, but the hat has a simple 1x1 rib band, and then a dainty "knot stitch" pattern on top. The knots are spread out for a clean and crisp look, which also makes it nice on the hands and wrists with minimal tediousness... too many knots or bobbles on any given garment can wreak havoc on sore knitting muscles...
Hopefully I'll get a pic or two of the baby stuff my wee one modeled for soon and very soon. I will definitely share those when they come, so stay tuned for more!

Also, I'm working out the details for a contest to be posted soon, so check back often.
That's all the time I have for now-
Happy knitting,
ali

5 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Wow, LOVE the hate, but anything featuring light blue and brown is always eye catching in my book!

5/08/2007 4:42 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Ooooh, so pretty! I love getting the inside scoop. Thanks for sharing!

5/08/2007 5:48 PM  
Blogger clothesknit said...

Love the hat! Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention...I'll definitely be on the lookout for the pattern booklet.

5/09/2007 2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty! Thanks so much for the preview :-)

5/10/2007 10:19 PM  
Blogger tracilovesasa said...

it is a little hard to see the hat, but it's FABULOUS none the less! I can't wait to knit one up!

:)

5/11/2007 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails