Friday, March 30, 2007

Pea Pod 2nd Sleeve Done!

Yay for fairly free Fridays! Well, I got a little work done late this morning- I was tech editing along when I realized I left the samples I needed in the room with the sleeping baby, and so there was a lull... and the 2nd Pea Pod sleeve is done! (The rest of that edit should be easy enough to get to finishing tonight- one more thing to check off my list!)
I'm loving working with this sport weight, it's so nice and soft... it occured to me that the only projects I've done so far with this yarn (that I can remember...) were done with the yarn doubled, which is also nice and soft, but a lot thicker and heavier. I've made 2 of the Market Vests and one of the Cropped Cardigans (one for myself is on my very urgent knits list!) and they are each worked doubled. The Market Vest is done on 6's and 7's which gives you a fairly dense and sturdy fabric. The Cropped Cardigan is done on 10's and 11's for a very different feel, a lighter fabric, but at a nice big gauge that knits up fast- and that pattern is so fast and easy, I wish I'd designed it...
At any rate, the next step on my Pea Pod is the big one- the body... knit in one piece... I'll try to cast on tonight, though if we put in a movie I don't think I'll be knitting a charted lace panel... I wonder if there are any unfinished scarves lying around that could be mindlessly worked on... I know, I have some sleeves I've been avoiding setting in...
Time to get some of my very squirrely kids off to bed-
Happy knitting,
ali

4 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Love that Pea Pod, keep those pics coming!;)

3/31/2007 7:12 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

The sleeves look great! I love how you've added touches of the green. I'm really enjoying watching your progress on this!

3/31/2007 12:11 PM  
Blogger Prof. Knitwit said...

Wow! I'm so impressed that you managed to finish both sleeves. They look totally adorable. I love the two colors - and i think it's great that you're going to incorporate more of the two-tone throughout.

3/31/2007 12:54 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

You're inspiring me. I love the way the leaf pattern is highlighted when you contrast it with another color.

4/02/2007 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails