Saturday, May 05, 2007

Squeaking In...

Well, I did it... just barely! Procrastination is my middle name... In high school my biology teacher once told me I could do anything I wanted, I could be president some day, if I would just stop procrastinating all the time... I told him I'd stop tomorrow...
(And you'll notice that I'm not the president yet, nor does it look like it's in my near future, or the distant future for that matter...)
So life is busy, and with my "put off until tomorrow anything that doesn't need to be done by sundown tonight" modus operandi, I naturally came in just under the wire with my second project- the fair isle hat and mittens- the mittens took much longer than I'd anticipated... but finish them I did! (And it didn't require any all-night knitting like last season...)
The photo shoot for the new patterns for the fall line was Monday morning, and not only did I have 2 designs being photographed, but I had my soon to be a star baby modeling in 3 shots- fun, fun, fun! I was a little nervous as to how she would do- wondering if she would get frustrated with trying to sit up (she's not quite 6 months- she doesn't really sit up yet) but she did so well- that was the most she'd ever sat up! She was pretty easy to work with as she just looked around in wonder at all the people and props and flashy shiny things... This was our 3rd shoot, and the 3rd different child modeling, and it was probably the most fun so far. There's the obvious baby factor, but I think location had a whole lot to do with it this time. We were in an adorable antique store just outside of downtown Minneapolis. This was not your average country antique store, this was quite the upscale place- the type of antique store with $7,000 clocks... and I was there with 3 of my children (thanks again dear SIL for watching the other 3!) maneuvering a stroller through the not so wide walkways... thankfully we didn't break a thing!
I am pretty excited about getting permission to sneak some peaks at the photos here on this very blog even before these patterns have been released! It's all in who you know... :-) So stay tuned and keep checking back for some fabulous teasing. As soon as the shots are ready I can start 'leaking' them (I feel so special, he, he, he!) and you can see the designs that will be hitting your local yarn shops shortly after being released at TNNA in early June.

In other news, my Pea Pod is finished, except for the buttons and the blocking, photos to come...
My kids had another violin concert on Monday...
We had an outing at our favorite historic farm on Tuesday...
Long, busy day Wednesday and church in the evening...
Visit to Blue Sky to talk shop and pick up some new yarn Thursday and helped a friend with a knitting emergency 'til way too late Thursday night...
Mega grocery run Friday in addition to some house cleaning for our First Fridays Knit Night- 7 ladies including myself, and 13 children including my 6, with 4 of the young ladies (including my 6 year old) working on some knitting!
Which brings me to today... time to catch up around here, cooking, cleaning, laundry, lesson planning for next week (we homeschool), and some knitting and editing... hmmm, I wish Saturday were about 72 hours longer!
I'd better hop to it!

Remember to stay tuned for sneak peaks and my first contest to be announced sometime next week...

Until then,
happy knitting,
ali

8 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh my gosh how exciting!! Your baby is too cute...can't wait to see the patterns when then come out, you are so talented!

Glad you had fun in the Cities;)

5/05/2007 1:51 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I look forward to seeing the modeled shots! Are you going to be at TNNA?

5/05/2007 3:38 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

I will not be there... but my sister will be (she works for Blue Sky Alpacas)...
It would be so much fun, but, well, did you ever see "Cheaper by the Dozen"? I only have a half-dozen, but it's busy, and I have a nursing baby... the traveling just wouldn't work for me...
Maybe another year-

Happy knitting to all,
ali

5/05/2007 3:43 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Congrats on getting it done! That's awesome. I am so jazzed about your upcoming patterns and seeing sneak peeks. How exciting! And by the way, home schooling your six kids is pretty much all-inclusive proof that you never, ever procrastinate; you're just really, really busy!

5/05/2007 7:45 PM  
Blogger YarnThing said...

Can't wait to see the photos!

Marly
knitthing.blogspot.com
yarnthing.blogspot.com
knitthing.mypodcast.com

5/05/2007 8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness, you are one busy lady. I admire you for how you handle everything. Baby looks so cute modelling, look forward to seeing the patterns.

5/05/2007 10:15 PM  
Blogger Knittymama said...

Fun! Can't wait to see the pics.

5/06/2007 7:29 AM  
Blogger tracilovesasa said...

another great knit night, thanks for hosting!

the pics turned out great, now it's just waiting for the finished patterns...waiting...

:)

5/11/2007 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails