Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Have Yarn, Will knit



Soon and very soon... I've got the yarn for my Pea Pod KAL, now to find some unoccupied needles.

And then to find me some time! There won't be much for the next 48 hours but I'll see what I can squeeze in...
I'll start with casting on a sleeve and work that up as my gauge swatch. I'm hoping to get gauge the first time- I'm such an impatient knitter!

You'll notice 2 yarn colors- I was googling and checking out the many blogged finished Pea Pod sweaters and came across an adorable one done with a contrasting edging. I loved it, but neglected to bookmark it... and my search today ended before I came across it again... anyway, I'm going for it!
My colors are called Grape and Avocado, and the yarn is Blue Sky's Sport Weight 100% alpaca. Did you know that alpaca fibers are 2 times warmer than wool and 7 times stronger?! I came across that tidbit of info when reading about raising a little livestock on a little hobby farm... so there ya go.
I have way too much to do before heading out in a couple of hours, but I'm hoping to just cast on my sleeve... then I'll feel like I've really started...
Happy knitting,
ali

3 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Happy two-tone knitting!

3/28/2007 4:07 PM  
Blogger Prof. Knitwit said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment on my blog. You've got some great baby knits going too!! I'm also a big alpaca fan - it's just so soft and warm. I'll be looking forward to seeing your Pea Pod sweater in those adorable colors.

3/29/2007 8:12 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Hi Ali,
Thanks for your comments on the designer discussion, I was hoping you'd leave your expert input!
-Heather

3/29/2007 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails