Monday, March 12, 2007

Close-Knit Family!

When my sister, Sylvia, told me about this, my first reaction was, "I have to blog that!" She was checking out patterns on kpixie and thought it was just so neat to see so much of our family in the pictures! If you look here (their Blue Sky Alpacas patterns listing) and scroll down a bit you'll see a girl in a teal coat sporting a lovely Keyhole Scarf- that's my sister! And her husband was the photographer for that shot. Scroll down a bit more and there's my current toddler in a bright striped Baby Hoodie, below that, my new Eyelet Cardigan, and next to that, my first published pattern- the Fitted Tank- both of those pictures feature the original garment knit with my very own two hands!
Clicking on page 2 will bring you to my 6 year old, in the upper left, wearing her Kid's Kimono, my 2nd published pattern and my first modeling child... Scroll down a little bit, and there's my toddler again, wearing the Leg Warmers my sister designed and my mom knit. Scroll down a bit more and there are the Arm Warmers that my sister designed and knit (her first published design). Down a row and to the right is the Felted Clutch that my mom designed, knit, and felted herself (she has been felting up a purse storm, watch for more from her one of these days!)
So how cool is that?!?! Well, cool enough to get me a wee bit pumped up! Fun, fun, fun! Go check it out, and while you're there, pick up a Bobbi Bear or Baby Bobbi Bear pattern, if you don't have one already, they are just the cutest little things! I need to make one soon, and I'll be sure to blog my progress, I suppose one won't be enough- I do have 6 kids...
later,
ali

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I didn't know you had moved to Blogger! Your kids are adorable in the adds.

3/14/2007 6:56 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Well, I still blog about our adventurous life homeschooling over at HSB... this is my new knitting blog!
Anyway, thanks for the nice comment about my kids, I hopr to see you around the blog world much more in the future,
ali

3/14/2007 8:14 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Wow, what a talented and photogenic family! Very, very cool.

3/16/2007 1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails