Friday, March 16, 2007

More Stripes on the Needles

Well, I just had to get another Baby Hoodie started once I got to thinking about it. I scrounged through one of my bins with partial balls of cotton and grabbed the first several (turned out to be 6!) brights I saw. I'm liking it so far... I've obviously changed the striping a bit, opting for some serious busy, bright, perfect for a child colorfulness, made-up word, I know. I'm using twice as many colors as called for, and skinnier stripes. I guess it's my way of personalizing the pattern.
It's all sitting on top of another project that I can't really blog about because the pattern hasn't been released yet... I'm not done writing it...
Anyway, this seems to be the usual state of my desk these days. Can anyone relate? He, he, he...
Notice the coffee? Yeah, I like to live dangerously- a big tall latte on the same surface as a boatload of yarn and 2 works in progress (one almost complete...) Ahhh, what can I say, when darling makes coffee I cannot turn it down. But really, I should put it a little further away.

I just may get out to a new-ish yarn shop tomorrow- I may pick up something to start my Pea Pod set, we'll see. I should at least pick up some fun sock yarn, or something for some slippers for my little'uns, they've been requested... here's hopin' for some good weather and a smooth morning (which would make an afternoon outing a little more feasible...)
Happy knitting,
ali

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

luscious, luscious and just fun!
yay! i can't wait til tomorrow!
bring some coffee for me!

:)

3/16/2007 10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw your little ones in Interweave the other day -- so cute!

3/17/2007 12:32 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

The super bright stripes look great! And yes, I can totally relate to your desk. You should see my coffee table, side table, nightstand... I'm intrigued by the project you can't yet tell us about. I love the colors!

3/18/2007 2:00 PM  
Blogger YarnThing said...

Totally LOVE the new Hoodie! Random stripes are totally rockin!

Marly

www.knitthing.blogspot.com

3/18/2007 11:29 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Your desktop could be mine, almost...just trade the latte for water (today) and make the computer a mac!

I love your first hoodie and this one. Great to have you on the Pea Pod KAL!

3/21/2007 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails