Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Only a Few More Stripes... So Far...

Well, I've gone another inch or two on my brightly striped Baby Hoodie. It's a kinda funky project to be working with all six of those balls attached at once, so I'm not carting this one around with me when I venture out and about. I'm over halfway done with the back, even though I'm making the next size up this time- I'm making the 12 month size, my babies start out big and grow fast, so this will still be worn this spring!
This is what I did cart around this weekend... I just need one more sleeve, then I can get to work on the hood... and planning the photo shoot... I'm excited about this one, I'm playing with color and texture to add some pizazz to a child's garment.

And I found the cutest little vintage buttons at the old Ben Franklin store in town. I wonder how many years they've been hanging there- the card they're on is pretty yellowed... I bought all they had, which was only 2 cards... I would've bought more if they had them! They're for a sweet little baby cardigan in the new Handspun Organic Cotton from Blue sky Alpacas. It may end up a new pattern for their fall line, so all I can show you (for now!) is the bit of stockinette stitch you see washed out before you under that card of buttons.
And then there's this little pretty... yikes, cotton is one thing, but a ball of Royal (handwound by moi, that takes way to long! saving up for a swift and winder...) should probably never be that close to a cup of coffee. I'd better drink it up fast... there, the yarn is much safer now. And I should be able to stay up at least another 20 minutes... It's the beginning of a cute little hat that will definitely be part of the fall line-up... The pattern is another by the great Bobbi IntVeld (as in the Bobbi Bear!) I spent this afternoon working on the tech edit and my sister will be happy to see a finished edit in her inbox in the morning!

So that's what's been keeping me busy, well, that and my 6 kids! One of which is currently crying for me to get her... A dear friend of mine once called her nursing baby a 'blessed interruption'. What a nice way to think of her. She's growing so fast, it won't be long before she's knitting with me and these harried days of nursing will be the stuff of fond memories...
For now, I'd better get to that baby!

Happy knitting,
ali

5 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Wow, love those vintage buttons... The stripes, I feel, are mandatory for spring. So cheery! (I'm a native Minnesotan btw, so reading your blog is esp. fun!)znv

3/21/2007 9:55 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

I've got two skeins of Royal in Cameo color in my stash. I love it so. It'll probably grow up to be a lace shawl someday. I don't have a swift and ball winder either, so I'll be winding by hand, too.

3/21/2007 8:31 PM  
Blogger Sylvia said...

Love, love, love the buttons! They are too much fun. You must save the cards for me. I'm such a sucker for vintage packaging... something about yellowed, musty cardboard... maybe that's not it. Anyway, love them. So cute. Can't wait to see the finished sweater!

3/22/2007 9:05 AM  
Blogger tracilovesasa said...

that is one of the best reds i have ever seen. i can't wait to see it when it's done!
my hoodie is coming along rather nicely too. the willow is soooo sweet and soft!
:)

3/22/2007 5:27 PM  
Blogger Knittymama said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!Thanks so much! Have you come across the Minnesota Knitters Ring? I still have to put the link up on my new blog, but it's a great way to see the other locals:-)

Love your blog! How cool that you design for Blue Sky Alpacas. I've
been loving their new ads and designs. In fact, your cardigan is on my "must knit" list right now! (If I ever get my other stuff done, lol)

A "blessed interruption" is a lovely way to look at it. I'm going to try to remind myself of that this evening when I'm trying to knit and watch a movie and my son has other ideas. :-)

3/23/2007 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails