Saturday, March 10, 2007

Silk Shrug- Done at Last!

I did get this done last weekend- I was completely snowed in you know... nowhere to go, and nothing to do but knit. Well, okay, I always have plenty to do- I am the mother of six. I stopped after a few inches of ruffle to tend to the baby, but rest assured, I did pick it up again that very night- my ruffle made it to six inches and I proceeded to bind off all 300 of those sts! FYI- take heed to this pattern's phrase- very loosely- if you don't bind off loosely enough the fringe will not lay nicely- I had to 'unbind off' a good section of the first one I made due to my loose not being loose enough...
When finally done, this is what you're left with-
A little more detail-
And here it is opened up laying pretty much how it would lay on a body-
Maybe, if I'm real good, I'll even get a pic of me wearing this cute thing before I hand it over to be sent on its way across the country, maybe to a local yarn shop near you! I'm pretty sure it will look even better on a body than it does on the floor...
ali

2 Comments:

Blogger YarnThing said...

Love, Love, LOVE it! Gotta make one of those!

Marly
www.knitthing.blogspot.com

3/10/2007 7:27 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Yeah, this is the second one I've knit, and neither one has been for me!!
I definitely want one for myself though- it's on the very long list of things to knit for ME someday...
ali

3/11/2007 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails