Wednesday, September 02, 2009

And Then It Was September

Wow- did you hear that? The sound of another August flying by and the door slamming shut behind it? Yeah, that was fast. I have a couple projects to wrap up and then I'm eager to begin some fall knitting, the thought process goes something like this- 'ooo, it's getting chilly again at night, brrr, that's a cold breeze, gee, I should put some hats on these kids, hmmm, we all need some new hats, and scarves, and they'll need mittens before I can spell b-l-i-z-z-a-r-d, and wouldn't a big comfy, cozy, warm, worsted weight sweater be wonderful right about now?'
Around here it's time to rearrange the schedule to accommodate some good daily learning- our homeschooling adventure, some good physical activity- soccer practice, and plenty of outdoor adventures and field trips, while somehow managing to fit in a large number of cozy evenings together with popcorn, games, & knitting. Oh, I suppose I should fit in a bit of cooking and cleaning- the daily cleanest room competition has been heating up (and a huge success!), it's getting very hard to judge between them. We're down to things like dust, random air soft pellets, and the occasional cobweb or unstuck sticker that evaded the vacuum... I think I'll have them clean my room next.
I mentioned cold nights- it's been crazy around here. The last couple nights of August we had lows of 39 and 42, and I think I heard something on the radio news I wake up to about a record 29 or 27 or some such insane for the month of August even in Minnesota temperature way up north. Some hats are on the agenda, but for now my girls have some new 'night caps' to adorn their cute little heads (I fully acknowledge my maternal bias) that I whipped up this past weekend.
They loved wearing them when they camped out in the backyard. They're certainly not as warm as a nice Cozy hat (see sidebar), but whatever, my girly girls enjoyed them, so it's all good. I scrounged though a few pages of a Google search and couldn't find a decent tutorial (it could be out there, I just couldn't find one)- so I took a lot of pictures and am writing up directions for these as they are so quick and easy! And I haven't forgotten the rice pack tutorial, I just need to take pictures when I make my next one, a facial mask size for my aching sinuses, coming up, oh, I don't know, maybe in the next 24 hrs as I am in real need this week!
(why the goggles? I have no idea, but who am I to stifle that creativity?)
Time for a cup of herbal tea, sans cream, my sinuses need some tender loving care.

Happy knitting-
ali

Oh, and Baby J keeps letting go of the piece of furniture (or my legs) that he's standing next to! How did he get so big so fast?!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristyn Knits said...

I found connor sleeping with goggles one night! not sure why, but it was too cute, just like your daughter!
looking forward to seeing your fall knitting!

9/02/2009 6:15 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Those bonnets are adorable! (And the girls, too!) Although, when I last wore one, I had chickenpox, so I always associate them with it. Have you seen the blog Knitters-Knitters http://olivespearls.typepad.com/knittersknitters/? She is also a homeschooling knitter with a large family - I thought you might be interested....

9/03/2009 7:56 AM  
Blogger At Home Mommy Knits said...

Those hats are adorable. We have been reading The Little House on the Prairie books here and I bet my little girl would love one of those hats :). Might have to whip one up.

9/03/2009 9:20 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I love them!!! I am so ordering some for my girl in a couple years!

Blessings-
Amanda

9/03/2009 10:34 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

They look absolutely precious in their bonnets. It has been getting quite cool here also and I can hardly believe that it's already September. Some warm sweaters and scarves are definitely in order.

Ruth

9/08/2009 5:53 PM  
Blogger MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

:snort: on the last pic!

She has lots of personality even in pictures!

9/09/2009 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails