Monday, August 24, 2009

Stripes & Stripes Forever Coming Soon


I teased about this one earlier, and then I dropped the ball and got busy with 101 other things... Well, in the spirit of letting bygones be bygones and picking oneself up by the bootstraps and getting back in the saddle, er, whatever, I'm teasing again, haha! Just kidding, I hope, I mean, I hope I'm not teasing, because I hope to have this pattern ready to go by the end of this week.

It's really just a matter of staying up late one night to get everything laid out and edited, and, well, big blocks of time are kinda hard to come by around here, especially right about now, as we are gearing up and getting back to our homeschooling adventure (this is why it requires some night hours). I had things almost ready to go way back before Miss G landed herself in the hospital again, which threw me majorly off my game, this time taking me quite a while to get back into the swing of things, what with living my summer and all... (sorry!!)

I have another set almost done and my girls can hardly get enough of them, even with the heat & humidity-it's not the heat, it's the humidity (this is Minnesota, I'm required to say that) we've had around here lately (actually, it's been an awesome summer so far!). I imagine they'll be even harder to keep off of their little hands when things cool down- good thing this new yarn is washable!! Do you know what happens to yarn when peanut butter & jelly (or pizza sauce) residue is allowed to build up while you wait to get around to hand washing? Either do I, and I don't intend to find out.

Specifics-
Yarn:
1 skein each of 2 colors Spud & Chloe Sweater
Needles: I'm on a size 7 US
The rest: Coming soon!

Dear Husband turns 32 on Wednesday (our birthdays are exactly 3 weeks apart, and I'm a couple years older, not saying how many, hehe) and I just figured out what else he needs for his birthday, I'm so brilliant, or not, but I am so practical when it comes to adult birthday presents that I have to try to remember not to suck the fun out of it all with my getting things people actually need and will use and won't just waste time, money, and space in a closet somewhere... but don't worry, I already ordered a little something extra.

Our next birthday is right around the corner. My oldest turns 16 in September!! If you never hear from me again it may be due to the shock of it all...

Another couple inches to go on another legwarmer, some kid play, some kid work, some kid learning, some errands in town, and soccer practice await me today- best get scooting.

Have a good one!
Happy knitting-
ali

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I wish a LYS would carry Spud and Chloe! Mine has Blue Sky yarns, but will not be carrying S & C. I am very disappointed, because I think I would be a rather frequent buyer! (But I really need to touch the yarn first. It's just the way I am.)

I'm totally with you on the kids - my oldest just turned 16. It doesn't not feel even REMOTELY possible! Rest assured - the shock will eventually wear off :-)

8/25/2009 8:39 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I love the colors of the yarn your using for those mitts, just beautiful. I was so shocked when I read that your raise 7 kids, you must be one very special mum. I dont know how you find time to do any knitting. Everytime I try and sit to knit one of my 2 kids always wants something. I think I need to train them better, hehehee.

8/27/2009 7:14 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I just found a store near me that carries Spud and Chloe. I am so excited.

I can't wait to see the rest of the pattern.

My oldest turned 16 this June. It is a state of shock.LOL

Ruth

8/28/2009 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails