Monday, July 27, 2009

One Day at a Time...

4 yr old & 2 yr old at our favorite farm

some of our favorite little sheepies

Jeepers creepers, the days keep flying by, don't they? A big thank you to those who sent well-wishes and sweet comments. It's nice to not be forgotten, isn't it?
the 1st two 9-patch blocks for a scrappy quilt
all stacked up, waiting for the pile to grow...

The last couple weeks have been filled to the rim with field trips, gardening, music lessons, doctor visits, and time consuming tasks like grocery shopping and a fabric store run, all the while getting run down by some annoying virus that I'm pretty sure was NOT the h1n1 (swine) flu...
the green beans are nearing ready to pick!
Last week started off with another midnight ER run with an asthmatic daughter Sunday night into Monday morning. For the record, I am not a mother who runs to the doctor every time a child has a runny nose, a cough or sneeze, or a possible ear infection. People get sick, immune systems are there for a reason.
the first of the cherry tomatoes! (in strawberry stained bucket!)
I typically try to turn first to good diet (including lots of garlic!), good sleep, vitamins, herbs, etc... in almost any case, before we head to the place where sick people congregate, so we can pick up more germs... ugh... (We went to urgent care for a crazy hair tourniquet on a baby toe a couple years ago, and had a child in the hospital a week later due to the virus -viruses trigger her asthma- I know she picked up after being coughed directly on by an extremely snotty nosed toddler in the waiting room, ick!) That being said, when an asthmatic kid's O2 levels stay down in the mid-80%s after 3 nebs (breathing treatments), it's time to go in.
one of my favorite things to look at (and smell!), tomatoes on the vine...
Anyhoo, viruses and asthma have nothing to do with knitting, but they do have much to do with my life at times, and I suppose they do affect my knitting...
our struggling corn, our garden is behind and this global cooling isn't helping any...
I had a simple scarf with for my hospital knitting this last time and I think I only knit 6 rows- I was just too tired... I think the next day was when the virus had me down the most, which, I'm sure has much to do with the way immune systems don't function quite as well when the body is extremely fatigued. One good side (there are many!) of having teens and almost tweens is that mom can get a nap when she needs it. I needed it, I got it, and I'm feeling much better now- and so are the kids, though there are some lingering tickly throat coughs...

Another weekend down, another busy week underway- with only 1 appt (2 girls & a pulmonologist) is scheduled, so here's hoping for lots of productiveness on my free days! I've got some cleaning to do so I can feel sane, some school planning to do so I can feel prepared, and lots of crafty sewing and knitting ideas that are itching to work their way out of my head and sketchbooks and into some form of reality- Time to get this show on the road!

I hope you all enjoy this last week of July, it's the last July we'll get this year, so let's all make the most of it!

Happy knitting-
ali

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the kids are feeling better soon xx Take it easy.

7/28/2009 6:27 AM  
Blogger purple-power said...

Welcome back!

7/28/2009 2:43 PM  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

I love your patch work!

And hope all went well with the children's appointments.

7/28/2009 5:07 PM  
Blogger Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

Love the sheepy pics - hope everyone is feeling better soon!

7/28/2009 9:50 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I just absolutely love your blog. I am so sorry to hear that you and your girls have been sick. Not fun. Hope everyone is well on their way to healthy days.

I love to knit and crochet. I also homeschool. I have fun with my projects and kids.

Summer is a great time. Our garden is a bit behind also. I am hoping for warmer weather and sun so the tomatoes and corn can grow.

Ruth

7/30/2009 9:04 AM  
Blogger Kristyn Knits said...

I trust you're taking good care of yourself, so you continue the good care of your little ones.

love your comment- the only july we'll get this year. that puts each month in perspective doesn't it?

7/30/2009 6:26 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

oh no. i completely understand the asthma issue.... i grew up with it and still have not completely outgrown it. it can be SO scary.
be well over there.... and happy monday to you!

8/03/2009 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails