Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Kids Are Knitting

In a last minute attempt to not miss the entry deadline, again, the entry forms are printed, the trip to town (to drop them off) is planned, and the knitting is underway- 3 kids, 3 skeins of 'kitchen cotton', 3 sets of needles, and 3 soon-to-be washcloths destined for the County Fair. The fun is in the air now, let me tell you...

My 10, 8, & 6 yr olds are all currently giving me yet another cause to beam with parental pride. Ribbons or no ribbins, I just love to see them knitting!

Kid Funny-
Overheard this morning-
10 yr old son- "I think I'll keep knitting when I'm an adult. I could even teach my wife."
8 yr old daughter- "What if she already knows how?"
10 yr old son- "That will save me a few minutes."


Now that he's got that all figured out...

Happy knitting-
ali

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

How wonderful! Ribbon or not, it will likely be a lifelong passion.

7/14/2009 1:59 PM  
Anonymous kim said...

Children knitting - be still my heart.

7/14/2009 8:29 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

That's awesome! If my husband could have taught me to knit it would have saved us both a few minutes! :-)

Hilary

7/14/2009 8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool that your kids are knitting! I love that the 10 y/o wants to teach his wife. :-)

7/15/2009 6:05 AM  
Blogger stitching under oaks said...

I feel your pride! That is so wonderful...and what a lucky wife your son will have...:)

7/15/2009 1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooh fantastic knitting there kids x

7/15/2009 1:49 PM  
Blogger Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

I love your kids comments.

7/15/2009 5:26 PM  
Blogger psalm127 said...

ha ha ha ha you put tears in my eyes. That is way tooo funny. Love what kids say.

7/16/2009 2:54 PM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

oH my I have tears in my eyes ... he may make it a prerequisite for a perspective wife-to-be; "Must be a Knitter."

A happy couple should knit together.

7/19/2009 11:50 AM  
Anonymous Angelique Varela said...

I love this...thanks for sharing it; makes me smile at the wonder of our children.
Angie

7/19/2009 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails