Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The Mittens Are Coming, The Mittens Are Coming!

Gratuitous summer fun pic, just because...

Maybe it was the recent cold snap, who ever heard of highs in the 60s in a Minnesota July? We may be known for some blustery winters, but we also have our fair share of hot and humid (for a few short weeks) every summer (it's not the heat, it's the humidity, hehe).

Whatever the reason, I had an urge to make some mittens. Here's an in process shot-


I'm loving them. The new Spud & Chloe Outer is so soft, this must be what it would feel like if mittens could be made out of clouds. Ok, maybe not, but it's seriously soft. I can't get over it, talk about excessive yarn petting.... It's begging to be made into many baby things, just begging, I can almost hear it. Next up, though, will be a coordinating hat for the new mittens. Bring on the global cooling!

Sneak peak at a new Spud & Chloe project. Must wrap up the writing, like yesterday, or the day before.

Son #2 (10 yrs) was seen off to camp on Monday, for the very first time, deep breath in, let it out... (Susan promised that Wisconsin would take care of him for me!) It will be an odd week without him, and I'm sure it will fly by way too fast, especially for him. Son #1, teenager, heads off next week. Then, suddenly soccer season will start and we'll dive into our homeschool year (still gathering curriculum...) With kids in 10th, 5th, 3rd, 1st, and K4, and a preschooler and a baby, this will be my busiest season ever. Lots and lots and lots of planning is necessary to pull this off, so I am in major listmaking mode. Writing lists, changing lists, typing lists, tweaking lists, you name it, I'm listing it, or it just won't get done, not a chance.

I just remembered it's my birthday tomorrow, there goes that Time, flying away again... I'm off to make the most of this August! Are you making the most of yours?
Happy knitting-
ali

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

I love your mittens!!! Chunky cables are a big thumbs up from me.

I've checked a couple of times and WI is taking good care of your son and with some excellent camping weather to boot.

Time certainly does fly at home and at camp. Can't wait to see your new design!

8/04/2009 3:15 PM  
Blogger purple-power said...

Happy Birthday!

and the mittens look great!

8/04/2009 4:57 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Happy Birthday early! Super duper mittens!

8/04/2009 5:41 PM  
Blogger Kristyn Knits said...

my oldest left today on a jet plane to florida for a week with his grandparents. it's odd here without him, so I know how you're feeling.
your mitts look wonderful! soft and warm for sure!
Happy Birthday!!

8/04/2009 6:48 PM  
Blogger Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

Great mittens - super soft and cozy looking.
Have a happy birthday!

8/04/2009 9:43 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Happy Birthday, missy!! Have a great day today:)

Love those mittens, they do look insanely soft...

8/05/2009 6:54 AM  
Blogger At Home Mommy Knits said...

Happy birthday!

8/05/2009 7:18 AM  
Blogger Sylvia said...

happy birthday!!!

8/05/2009 4:34 PM  
Blogger stitching under oaks said...

The mittens are fabulous. I've yet to get my hands on that Spud and Chloe line...it sounds dreamy. Hope you have a dreamy birhtday!

8/05/2009 7:34 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Happy Birthday!!

I am getting ready for homeschooling, too. I have all our curriculum but am currently working out our schedule.

I love those mittens and they sound heavenly.

Ruth

8/06/2009 1:43 PM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I've been using Spud & Chloe Sweater for scarves. Just lovely. And now I'm crocheting a Bolero with it. Just because I had one skein left over ... so I had to buy more. I just can't get enough of this yarn.

Happy Birthday is in order huh? Enjoy!

8/06/2009 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails