Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Making Me Smile This Week 8.7.09

  • handmade Birthday cards, and a birthbay card to boot (too cute!)

  • realizing that on Wednesday, I was really only 1 day older than the day before

  • all American chocolate cake, it was seriously rich & just drenched in dark chocolate, yummo! (nope, I didn't make it, sorry, no recipe!)
  • 10 yr old son off to camp for the first time!
  • little girls and kittens
  • listening to teenager fiddle with his violin teacher (I told them I'm bringing the video camera next time!)
  • garden fresh cherry tomatoes
  • too much zucchini, guess that means zucchini bread in our future
  • knitting more mittens! I know, I know, I may even have something ready in time for the appropriate season... how cool is that?!
  • packs of hot rice (re-heatable) on my neck, would anybody be interested in a pattern/tutorial for that? I'll be making some more very soon and could document the process...
  • Baby J, 9 months old, cutting tooth #8 and eating more solid food
  • 10 yr old safely back home, with animated stories to tell

We're off to the in-laws this weekend. Considering the 2 1/2 hr drive, I'm hoping to be able to get some good knitting in. 3 cheers to my chiropractic neurologist- a couple years ago I couldn't knit while riding, or read, look at a map, etc... I pretty much couldn't do anything but look straight ahead in a moving vehicle, without severe nausea, since childhood. It was awful, and I was resigned to living like that the rest of my days. Then a new chiropractor worked some neurological wonders, and I'm pretty much a new woman. I can even sit in a room with a ceiling fan going- that used to bring on severe migraines, the kind that left me crying in pain and vomitting for 10-12 hours, followed by 1 or 2 days of migraine hangover, yep, from a ceiling fan... (there was a visual connection, not just a motion issue) Weird, I know, but that was my life before chiropractic neurology. I'm not really sure why I'm telling you all this, except that maybe there is somebody else out there who has given up hope of ever getting over such issues and could maybe benefit from a visit with a chiropractor specializing in neurology. So there you go.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Happy knitting-

ali

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Would it cure my vertigo? I can't do balconies or stand in the elevator area waiting for elevators. The air pressure change as the elevators go up and down disturbs my equilibrium.

8/07/2009 5:24 PM  
Anonymous kim said...

Oh, such sweet cards. Happy Birthday. Enjoy the weekend!

8/07/2009 9:15 PM  
Blogger stitching under oaks said...

Happy birthday! Love homemade cards..especially when they are from the kiddos. I'd so be interested in a pattern for a rice pack. I spent a week with one around my neck. ouch.

8/09/2009 1:23 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Glad to hear that you are much better. That doc sounds wonderful. I am working with a neurodevelopmentalist to help my son regain sight in his eye.

Happy birthday-hope it was a great one.

Ruth

8/12/2009 3:22 PM  
Blogger drMolly, the BeanQueen said...

Well, happy late birthday to you!

And good to hear you are recovering your health.

docM

8/14/2009 10:13 AM  
Blogger drMolly, the BeanQueen said...

Ali, why does the link that I have in my blog "blogs I follow" keep linking to your blog for August 18, 2008? The link to your blog Skeins Her Way comes to the latest entry, but I can't seem to get the other one to go away. Hmmmmmmmm? Same thing happens in my Ravelry linakge page, too.

8/14/2009 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails