Saturday, August 22, 2009

Another 4 Squares


I absolutely adore this quilt, so when AmandaJean, of Crazy Mom Quilts, posted about another 1 a day quilt-along, I had to jump in. I can handle 1 a day, or a couple every couple days, right? In a moment of fabric passion, I grabbed a pile of fat quarters that caught my eye, and dashed home to get started, or maybe it took me a week or two to get around to cutting my 1st strips, maybe...

I think mine will end up being a queen size, rather than her twin, so I'll need 90 blocks, rather than her 70, and I'm pretty sure it will end up taking me longer than 90 days because I'm a 15 minutes here and there kind of gal, but so far, so fun!

I'm making 2 of each of the first several blocks using my favoritest fabrics from the bunch set aside for this one. I'll probably do a bunch of singles later on, just to keep things feeling a bit more random.

The next several blocks are cut and waiting for my next several minutes home, with nothing to do but quilt. Yeah, like that ever happens. Well, my next several minutes that I decide to put off anything having to do with cleaning, set down the yarn & needles, and let myself get sucked into the sewing machine vortex.

Enjoy your weekend!

Happy knitting (and quilting)-
ali

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger stitching under oaks said...

I like the idea of doing a square a day, (or something like that). Your fabrics are looking great together. Happy Quilting!

8/22/2009 9:17 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

OK, I might be revealing my inevitable mental failings...but when did you start quilting?? Or have I been too checked out to remember? In any case: very impressive:)

8/22/2009 9:31 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

YAY!
i have always wanted to follow along with amandajean, too... but again missed it.
(heather cracks me up)

8/23/2009 7:30 AM  
Blogger Kristyn Knits said...

yeah for you! sounds like a fun way to quilt together with a friend! have fun!!

8/23/2009 10:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The quilting desire has found me, but the time? Not so much. Right now, I MUST finish that baby sweater for baby A. before he outgrows it!!

8/24/2009 5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooooh...looks like fun!

8/24/2009 11:31 PM  
Blogger purple-power said...

Really nice - I can knit anything, but quilting is just beyond me.

8/25/2009 9:49 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

The colours are gorgeous, happy quilting along with AmandaJean. I'm working on it too, didn't finish the first quilt along and will need a 3rd and 4th to get done... seems I keep starting other projects that prevent me from having the room to dig out the sewing machine.

Looking forward to seeing your quilt top!

9/01/2009 7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails