Thursday, April 02, 2009

Rusty Orange Progress

I am happy to report substantial progress on my Drops Jacket- the back is done and I am plowing through the Left Front. I am even happier to report the appearance of that glorious thing known as the SUN. Aaahhh, yep, it feels good, and it's making short work of that latest spring snowfall (which wasn't as much as the 6 inches they were saying, thankfully. While my thoughts and prayers are with those in and around Fargo, I'm ready to be done with the snow. Our local river is quite high as well...) It's anybody's guess as to how long the new snowmen will last...

Things will start getting busy around here very soon. Some of you are thinking, start getting busy? The woman has 7 kids, at home, all day, every day... (we homeschool) Well, yes, every day is busy around here, at least compared to some, but spring and summer, well, things will really get moving. We're in serious garden planning mode now, and this year we're even considering getting some chickens. Okay, I'm considering it a wee bit more than my husband, so we'll see how that one shakes out. There are more seedlings to start, more strawberries to order, ground to till (as soon as it actually thaws), strawberry beds to renovate, a blueberry bush or two to plant, some raised beds to build to keep some herbs nice and tidy, a sandbox to build (because I am determined to get one built this year!), parks to hike through, farms to visit, books to finish up, new books to start, zoos to peruse, and, well, there is always some knitting going on, even some designing and pattern writing... (oh, and a wee bit of decluttering)

Oh, and a little baking, because Leslie keeps making me hungry, for things with sugar. I'm pretty sure less than an hour went by between the time I saw her pic of these Chocolate Oatmeal cookies and the time I started preheating my oven and gathering ingredients. I'm not even kidding. Apparently I'm powerless to the power of suggestion. Our air conditioner is ancient, I may need to have a couple baking marathons and stock my freezer full of cookies for the summer...

Which cookies freeze the best?

Happy knitting-
ali

9 Comments:

Blogger Sylvia said...

Great grandma always froze her sugar cookies and molasses cookies. They always tasted great to me. I've got a brown sugar slice and bake that you'll have to try out too. So delicious!

4/03/2009 8:24 AM  
Blogger km said...

I hope you get the sandbox made. We built one in 2003 and still love it.

Frozen cookies never last long...not because of the freezer, but because we eat them.

4/03/2009 10:56 AM  
Blogger Stephanie B said...

Isn't it fun to plan for the spring!

4/03/2009 12:07 PM  
Blogger Kristyn Knits said...

wow! you have quite a plan! will you keep us updated on your planting? not much of a gardener, but I'd love to grow some lettuce and strawberries.
I so wanted to make those cookies! didn't have the time that day...but next week, I'm there!

4/03/2009 11:02 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Oh, there's nothing better than farm fresh eggs. I love having laying hens.

Cookies never last here to be frozen, too many hungry teenagers.

Happy knitting!

4/04/2009 5:58 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

You have your hands full with the kids, cookies and knitting. How do you manage .....hmm ??

i love the snow fun pics, thanks for sharing. this is what a winter wonderland holiday should be.

we went to our first ski winter holiday in Korea but in a man-made ski restort and only small snow flakes.

4/04/2009 8:59 PM  
Anonymous angie said...

Drops Jacket looks wonderful...I love the colour of your yarn. I llike this "1000 things challenge too" funnily enough we are decluttering at the moment.
Good for you homeschooling 7 kids. I'd love to have homeschooled mine, but we moved into an area where things like museums, galleries, librabries are difficult to get to....(sighs)
Love the snowmen too!

4/05/2009 12:14 AM  
Blogger At Home Mommy Knits said...

Fresh eggs would be fantastic! We are thawing out over here and many, many garden expansion plans are on the way.

I don't have a particular recipe for cookies but I make a batch of cookies, place them on a cookie sheet and freeze (raw dough). Then pop them in a bag and into the freezer. When we want cookies I can pull out as many or few that I want to cook up :).

4/05/2009 9:14 PM  
Blogger stitching under oaks said...

sounds like you're in full planning mode! all your planns sound wonderful.keep us posted on that garden. I hope the thaw comes soon for you.

4/06/2009 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails