Monday, March 30, 2009

Have Yarn, Will Knit

Rusty Orange, Worsted Hand Dyes, lovely.
Soon to be a Drops Jacket of my very own.

Working at a looser gauge than I usually do with this yarn will give me what I hope to be the perfect spring and early summer sweater. Warm enough to ward off that bit of chill on a cool day (I am a total cold wimp, despit being a permanent resident of Minnesota) yet breathable enough to wear without melting.

I wound my 1st skein, cast on, and knit several inches of the back Monday night. If I can master any kind of project focus, this should knit up fairly fast. I'm loving it so far.

Our greenhouse trip was fun. It was cold and blustery outside and a balmy 74 degrees inside the greenhouses. The kids got a kick out of watching the 'dirt machine' fill the flats with potting mixture, okay, the moms got a kick out of it too. It's just cool that somebody made a big ol' machine to do that. Then they all got to transplant a pack of tiny marigolds, which, if we can keep them alive, will come in handy as companion plants in our summer garden. The highlight of the trip, for all of the little girls, was getting to keep handfuls of blooms that needed to be picked off the plants to keep them growing now, the time for full blooms will come later.

My teenager doesn't think it's right to be having a winter storm on the last day of March, no matter how many times I explain the March in Minnesota phenomenon. I'm just hoping the snowplow doesn't make off with our mailbox again... we just got that thing back up!

Thinking sunny thoughts, thinking sunny thoughts, thinking sunny thoughts... :-)

Happy knitting-
ali

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

We got snow too. Enough already...
Happy Knitting!

3/31/2009 6:08 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

that jacket will look great in that color. Don't you just love knitting with Blue Sky? Not to worry, our lawn was cut today and now they are saying possibly snow tonight here....no!!!!!!

3/31/2009 8:26 PM  
Blogger sheepish one said...

ooh, ali! gorgeous color for a drops jacket!
i want to nuzzle my screen. that yarn looks divine!

3/31/2009 10:34 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

love the snow, love your greehouse, and most of all, love your little sweetie.

not forgeting love those beautiful yarns.

3/31/2009 11:19 PM  
Blogger At Home Mommy Knits said...

Good luck with your jacket...love the color.

4/01/2009 7:17 AM  
Blogger Holli said...

Ali - thanks for leaving a comment on my blog and for introducing me to yours. Your knitting work is gorgeous! I'll be visiting again, for sure!!

PS I hope your little guy is feeling better after the hives incident. Looking at more recent photos on your blog, I'm guessing so. Scary stuff.

4/01/2009 9:23 AM  
Blogger Traci said...

cute pic of Hope! who's your photographer? lol ;)

i'm happy i was able to get so many good shots. that was a FuN DaY! need. more. GREEN!

loooooooove that yarn!!!
:D

4/01/2009 4:28 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Oh, the snow... I can't believe how many times we saw snow in March and April this year.

That is going to be one GORGEOUS and decadent Drops jacket.

4/21/2009 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails