Saturday, February 21, 2009

Brrrr!

Out back, a couple weeks ago.

Or as my 4 yr old said- "all the world with snow on it makes me freezing."

It's cold again. I think I awoke to temps lingering around 0 outside (we are quite a ways north of "the metro"...), and around 61 inside this morning. The fire was stoked and it took what felt like way too long to get the home up to a cozy 67. I may need to bake something to hit 68.

I had started a whiny post about how I didn't get to refuel, and how it took 2 full weeks for the tummy bug to work its way through, and how the 2 year old threw up for 7 days and shrunk to skin and bones (okay, she was a lightweight to begin with), and so on and so forth... but really, I think I've done enough complaining about the last 2 weeks during the last 2 weeks. Seriously, I have, consider yourselves lucky that all was quiet on the blog front.

At least we've been getting some sun. The warmer air will come, and before we know it we'll be complaining about how hot it is and how bad the mosquitoes are this year. I guess I'm not in such a hurry for that. *mental note- start garden planning project with kids! Get some seeds to start indoors soon!

In the meantime, Baby J turned 4 months old yesterday, and can I just say that he is the cutest thing to hit this world since my last baby...? hehe. No, seriously, his smiles are contagious. He is such a big guy, a roly poly gerber baby if there ever was one (I think he's around 17 lbs!), with such a great big, toothless, open-mouth, grin that is simply irresistible. Fun stuff. Time consuming, but fun.

I've got a super quick and simple baby hat pattern pretty much ready to go (that most of you can 'just wing it' and make without a pattern, I know, but for those of you who'd like a pic of a little cutie to refer to when knitting, and the math done for you, I've got you covered.) I just need to figure out some hosting/downloading issues and play with file sizes, so watch for it in the next few days... I have more almost ready, I'm kind of excited about that. Fun stuff, I tell ya.

Well, now that everyone is back on solid foods, and all appliances and vehicles are working properly, I'll be trying to get back into the swing of things this week. First stop- grocery store! Then I've still got laundry to catch up on, a baby gift to finish knitting, a baby gift to start knitting, and a lot of homeschooling ideas to flesh out. I've been doing a lot of reading...

Here's hoping for some warmer weather- I guess I should check the forecast... ugh, -4 tonight, but high of 23 tomorrow, ooh, Tuesday's my day, high of 34! I'll take it.

Happy knitting-

ali

2 Comments:

Blogger psalm127 said...

Glad to hear everyone and everything is back on track.

2/23/2009 9:49 AM  
Blogger Traci said...

that was such a great sunset, i'm glad we got to share it together! keep taking deep cleansing breaths and keep pressing on. the wonderful days of spring and summer are just around the corner!
((hugs)) :D

2/23/2009 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails