Wednesday, March 25, 2009

More March in Minnesota

Guess who's 5 months?!

Sigh. Yesterdsay, I awoke to something like 28 degrees and some flurries, yep, flurries. So much for that season formerly known as spring. It was a nice 2 days... This is now day 4 (I think) with no sun and I am in need of some 'happy lights', or at least some good coffee. There is more snow on the way, second sigh. Full spectrum bulbs, here I come.

Anyhoo, babykins seems to have finally cleared all the hives from his system- that was an interesting 14 days. Now, if the sun will come back and bring us some decent light, maybe even nice enough temps for an outdoor photo op, I hope to get some cute pics of the little guy in his new little vest. I may even have another piece of spring baby attire ready to add to the event. I'm working on a little bulky vest, kind of a knit equivalent to a North Face puffy quilted down vest (well, equivalent in my mind, it was kind of my inspiration...) Just need to get the seperating zipper, and maybe work up a coordinating hat. Fun, fun.

In non-baby/child knitting news, I think I've decided on my next personal knit. (ravelry link) I am also seriously considering Leslie's suggestion of knitting myself a good old Central Park Hoodie. I do love a good hoodie. I think the only thing holding me back a bit on that one is the fact that everyone and their neighbor has knit it, kinda like the adorable February Lady Sweater. I have a secret inner fear of showing up to a knitting night somewhere and seeing 4 other women wearing the same thing I'm wearing, kinda puts a damper on that whole I made this and it's unique aspect of creating one of a kind clothing... I know, they would still be unique, but not as unique...

Designing has become such a love of mine that I have more ideas in my head than I could ever knit up, but I really do appreciate having a knitting project in the works that I can sit and work on when I don't really have to think nearly as much (not at all is preferrable), when somebody else has done all the thinking and the checking and the multiplying, and I can just knit. I've knit my gauge swatch and now I just need some yarn, I'm itching to go...


Ooh, and then I think I'll be starting a summery skinny cotton Green Gable (got the pattern from my swap partner gyviolet- thanks! your package totally rocked!)- hafta finalize color choice on that one, but choosing is so hard, have you seen all their colors in person?! One of the best things about Blue Sky Alpacas' yarns has got to be their color selection. Their colors are so vibrant and rich and they coordinate so well with each other. Those ladies have such a good eye- I'm biased, I know, one of those lovely ladies is my lovely younger sister, but seriously, sister or no sister, their colors are fabulous and I may have to make more than one of these because I'm thinking it would be great in Squash, Pink, Cherry, Zinc, and/or French Blue...


(This might be an appropriate time for me to admit that, yes, there are many of those Drops jackets out there, and almost as many Green Gables, but not so much in my circle of friends, in real life or on-line. I do, however, have friends with Central Park Hoodies, and I manage to run into people wearing them at various knitting events. There is nothing wrong with that, mind you, it's kind of fun to recognize a knit like one would recognize a painting or some such piece of art. This weird phobia of mine will probabaly not keep me from knitting a Tangled Yoke cardigan, however, and there is a very good chance that I will succumb to the lure of the CPH, after I save up for the yarn- one adult size garment at a time, thank you very much. I may have to draw the line at the FLS though...)

Okay, it's 25 degrees outside, 62 degrees in my house (no fire last night), and the sun isn't supposed to show it's face until late next week- I think I'll be baking for breakfast...

Happy knitting-
ali

ps- We're heading out to my uncle's greenhouse for a field trip tomorrow! Fun stuff! They're gonna let all the kiddos plant a pack of flowers- yay! Hopefully I'll have some fun pics on Monday!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your model is a natural - he clearly loves having his picture taken! What a cutie!

3/26/2009 1:48 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

have fun going to the greenhouse! I had to laugh at the second pic, he's so cute but that is an all boy pic! (look where his hand lies, very boy!) smile

3/26/2009 5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute!!!!!!!!

3/27/2009 4:33 AM  
Blogger stitching under oaks said...

What a cutie! He'll be out of that sweater in no time...they grow so fast. I love my Green Gable sweater....course, don't worry, I'm in Maryland, we probably won't run into each other :) (if we do...I'll be sure to tell you that your sweater looks better than mine!:))

3/27/2009 4:58 PM  
Blogger Maryse said...

What a cute little sweater on a cute little guy! I really have something for stripes lately. All the knits I find cute have some! Congratulations! And I'm all with you for spring to come!

3/28/2009 5:15 PM  
Anonymous amanda said...

You know I've never bumped into anyone wearing a knit that I recognise! I'm always on the look out but nothing so far! :D

3/29/2009 2:46 AM  
Blogger At Home Mommy Knits said...

Darling baby and sweater! So jealous of the greenhouse, have a wonderful time.

3/30/2009 7:31 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

oh, man o man. they grow too fast.
precious precious baby boy!!!
hope you all had a wonderful knitting. and i do hope the sun came out and the coffee was strong.
and there were flowers AND knitting! xx

3/30/2009 1:14 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

The CPH will be beyond adorbs...and 5 months already?!!

3/31/2009 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails