Friday, May 18, 2007

My Own Summer Knitting Goals

***Scroll down for Contest***

Well, in an effort to not be too do-as-I-say and not-as-I-do...
June
  • Finish striped socks- write & edit pattern, plan fall photo shoot
  • Worsted stripe hat- knit 2nd sample, write & edit pattern, plan fall photo shoot
  • Finish worsted hoodie (I'm so close!)- finish pattern, plan summer photo shoot
  • Knit myself my tank!
  • Start Cropped Cardigan
  • Start an Eyelet Cardigan for me! (Blue Sky has the 2 I've knit so far...) (started! 5/18)
  • Start Valpuri
  • Finish sample Twisted Rib Socks (one sock to go!)
  • Make good progress on Rectangle Shawl sample (think of the cash payoff for motivation!)
  • Finish knitting math and cast on silk tank design
  • Work out alpaca fair isle baby hat and mitts
  • Start knitting math for BSA spring design ideas
  • Nail down logo/company identity
  • Encourage kids to finish scarves and enter in County Fair!
  • Do knitting math for men's zip-neck pullover
  • Get toddler dotted hoodie on the needles
  • Finish pattern writing & editing for alpaca heart pullover
  • Start some Monkey Socks
  • Learn to use my drop spindle
  • Master short row heels
  • Sock design

July

  • Work on my Eyelet Cardigan
  • Finish Valpuri
  • More good progress on Rectangle Shawl- maybe even finish!
  • Finish Gracie Sweater- write up pattern, plan photo shoot for August
  • Finish silk tank- plan photo shoot (find model...)
  • Get Ella Sweater pattern ready
  • Work on top secret web site... he, he, he...
  • Start husband's Ribbed Pullover
  • Finish cable sampler drawstring purse & pattern
  • Do knitting math for baby blanket idea
  • Finish Jaron Cardigan & pattern, plan fall photo shoot
  • Start men's zip-neck pullover
  • Start toddler shrug
  • Ladies' hat & mittens
  • Kids' hat & mittens
  • Girls' dress design- knitting math & cast on
  • Baby Bobbi Bear
  • Try to dye some yarn!
  • Practice more with drop spindle
  • Sock design
  • Fair isle baby sweater

August

  • Bulky felted bookbag
  • Finish Rectangle Shawl!
  • Finish Toddler Shrug & pattern, plan photo shoot
  • Work more on business stuff...
  • Get knitting on BSA spring designs
  • Women's alpaca cardi- knitting math & cast on
  • Jo Jo Basic Crew embroidered sweater (from Natural Knit for Babies and Moms)
  • Harvey Kimono (same book)
  • Silk baby dress- knitting math & cast on
  • Oz Vests (same book) for gifts for friends' boys
  • Some secret gift socks
  • Kid's Kimonos for Mercy & Grace
  • Finish striped Baby Hoodie (if not sooner)
  • Finish Royal Knee Highs (if not sooner)
  • Royal Cables hat
  • Try the spinning wheel!
  • Sock design

Like I said in the last post-"It's a long and detailed list... I'm a classic overachiever- think Alex P. Keaton..."

Whew! The scary thing is- there's so much more I want to do! There are only so many hours in a day and I still need to homeschool my 6 kids... oh, and cook a few meals here and there and keep up with the laundry...
We'll see how it goes. My lists are long, and I know I won't finish everything, but with the list written out I now have a plan. I have direction. New knits will come up, and some things may be frogged, it's all a part of the game. The point of this exercise is simply to get some goals defined, some things to work towards. I've listed specific knits as well as practicing techniques, even general business stuff... variety is the spice of life, and keeps me from tunnel vision.
If you haven't set your goals yet- I encourage you to start thinkingg about them... and then start working towards them!

Happy knitting,
ali

16 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Ok, WOW. I feel like a major slacker over here...;)

5/18/2007 7:04 PM  
Blogger thursday said...

Wow! My list is not going to be that daunting. Mainly because, as a procrastinator, the longer the list, the less likely I will be to start anything!

5/18/2007 7:20 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Hi Ali, I came from Yarn Things blog, but your site caught my eye. My cousins live in MN seasonally, and your photo looks so much like places I have memories of from childhood. And I homeschool my kids, though one is now making his way through community college.

5/18/2007 7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a detailed list. Have fun getting your knitting accomplished.

5/18/2007 7:47 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Hi Ali - I just came across your blog and wanted to say "Hi"! I'm a homeschooling mom of 5 boys and just a wee bit obsessed with knitting as well.

I'm so excited for the great opportunities that have come your way through Blue Sky! Congrats! I actually have your fitted tank pattern (and some blue sky cotton) in my stash. Hmmm... maybe I need to make my own summer goals list.

I have also been eyeing, coveting, drooling over your Eyelet Cardigan since it first came out. Unfortunately, the "fitted" or cropped look doesn't do to much for my over 40, 5 kids, figure these days. I've quite often considered trying a lengthened version of your Eyelet Cardigan. Do you think it would work?

Nice to "meet" you.

5/18/2007 9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm speechless! And humbled.

5/19/2007 4:09 AM  
Blogger mjm knitting said...

good lord-as my grandfather would say-that's one hell of a list.

5/19/2007 8:50 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Ali, I found your contest, and after reading your list, I feel like an "under achiever"! I don't know how you find the energy or drive to knit that much and homeschool 6 kids! I have 4 boys and am ready for bed before supper is done most nights!

5/19/2007 1:57 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

You completely amaze me! I'm thoroughly impressed by the long and detailed list! They are all wonderful goals. I hope your girls are feeling better!

5/19/2007 3:28 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Wow, and I thought I was an overcommitted knitter! I tried to be realistic in my post, but I do have other projects I didn't mention. Like today, for example, I realized I need to knit a set of washcloths for someone... Back to the Somewhat Cowl tonight.

And 6 kids on top of it! I'm in awe.

5/19/2007 5:33 PM  
Blogger Sheknits said...

OK ali- nothing like making my list feel utterly insignificant! I typically only work on 1-3 projects at a time, you my friend are quite possibly the most prolific knitter (at least list wise) I have seen! Also I see you have 6 kids. I don't know if you noticed when you commented on my blog, that I have 7 kids People always say to me, I don't see how you find the time to knit with seven kids. Well Ali, (my 4th is named Alison) I don't see how YOU find the time to knit and homeschool! Thanks for visiting my blog, did you enter my stitch marker give away contest?
http://www.sheknits7.blogspot.com

5/19/2007 8:42 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

wow, what a list! my, oh my, aren't you the ambitious one?! i can't wait to see the finished items!
i'll have to get my list all sorted out too. nothing too major yet, but i do have a few things in mind i'd like to knit up or at least try out in addition to the Blue Sky projects coming in.
:)

5/19/2007 11:56 PM  
Blogger monique said...

I just found your blog today and I must say it's great!
I love to come back more.
Have a lovely day.
Monique

5/22/2007 1:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I totally feel like a slacker. I have no excuse and my re-do my list now. I have zero kids in general, never mind any to home school and I'm a fast knitter so I think I will up my own ante this week. Goodness gracious you are superwoman!

5/22/2007 6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Batman!!! I couldn't accomplish those goals in my lifetime! I better poor a cocktail and get my needles clickin'.

5/23/2007 3:48 PM  
Blogger Spinning Ninny said...

valpuri is on my list of things to knit as well. i don't particularly like the yarn that it calls for. what were you thinking of using?

7/28/2007 6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails