Monday, May 21, 2007

My Over-Achieverness Explained

Eh-hem. Lest any more of you humble me with your exclamations of 'you humble me'... I must clarify...

I did say that I'm a classic over-achiever type (Alex P. Keaton...)

Anyway, I'm a list maker, a long list maker. I know full well that I will not accomplish everything on the list. But I also know full well that without the list I wouldn't accomplish much at all. The list motivates me- I love to see things checked off.

I make big lists, partly because I have big dreams, partly because I have delusions of grandeur... there are so many things I want to do that my mind would just spin with no direction without my guiding list. With such a big list I know that I could easily get 25% of it done- much less than that and I would do a little self-kicking (been there, done that!) I will feel like I accomplished something good if I complete 50% of my list. If I get to 75% of my list I'll be walking on sunshine. 100% and I'll be stiff and sore from all the knitting and need a month or two off for the physical therapy...

So really, don't be intimidated by my list! And don't feel compelled to change yours. Make your list suit you, you know yourself best, your strengths and your weaknesses.

All that being said- here's what's on my desk tonight. A second fair isle hat ready to start all the colorwork! An alpaca sport weight baby hoodie that just needs a sleeve and a half and hood trim. And a half-completed back to my very own Eyelet Cardigan- this one's for me! Yay!

Getting back to it-

Happy knitting,

ali

5 Comments:

Blogger Traci said...

knowing that about you, i wasn't too intimidated by your list. i figured you were making a big list to see what you could get done out of all the items you want to work on. my list making is a wee bit diff'ernt.
i like lists too and think very similarly about them. (i like check marks too!) however, i can get easily overwhelmed by having a lot of plates spinning at once. i'm getting better though! i would probably do well to have more than one thing going at a time to get used to it. my knitting fever is starting to spike and i can feel the 'need to have one of everything' syndrome kicking in!
self-control traci, self-control...

5/21/2007 9:59 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Love that eyelet cardi and glad you're making something for yourself!

5/22/2007 6:38 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

It all looks beautiful. And I'm still humbled. :)

5/22/2007 8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the colors in your little fair isle hat. So pretty.

5/22/2007 3:13 PM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Making my list woke me up actually. I'm always saying I want to do this & I'm going to do that ... but writing it all down made me think "I'm going to do what?" "When?" I'm with you too ... if I get half done I'll be happy but writing it down does put us in the right direction. I love the projects you've got started. I noticed you have what I've got ... ASD!
[I explain that on my blog];-)

5/22/2007 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails