Friday, May 25, 2007

Have No Fear- Brick House is Here!

Ooh-la-la! Yarny goodness has arrived. I'm so excited- I made my first etsy purchase the other day (per the recommendation of Jean) and had been eagerly awaiting its arrival ever since.


It's a 100% Superwash Merino Wool, Rainbow-Dyed Colorway: Brick House, brought to you by Fearless Fibers. I was tempted to cast on and swatch tonight, but the prospect of hand winding 550 yards (!!!) was just not thrilling my knitting nerves...
It's just so pretty... I'm oooh-ing and aaahhh-ing, and trying to decide which sock pattern to try with it... and the fabric it's laying on? Well, my sister was thinning her stash and gifted me a while back- I think I'll be gifting my daughters with some matching skirts here very soon! I considered cutting them out tonight, but I'm having too much fun with the back of my Eyelet Cardigan and another fair isle hat... and pouring over sock patterns...
Happy knitting-
ali

10 Comments:

Blogger akaijen said...

Oh that's nice stuff right there, and great yardage too. I really like that color - one of the best reds I've seen. Very redhead friendly. :) Definitely bookmarking that shop.

5/26/2007 12:59 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Wow, super soft looking and love the color...

5/26/2007 6:59 AM  
Blogger sunneshine said...

I am knitting the Vinnland socks from the AntiCraft with my mocha Fearless right now. It is such a treat!! And the colors are so gorgeous - can't wait to see yours knit up!!

5/26/2007 10:30 AM  
Blogger clothesknit said...

i just ordered a couple of skeins of sock yarn from fearless fibers recently and can't wait to use it. enjoy your brick house!

5/26/2007 10:36 AM  
Blogger Traci said...

YAY!
i can hardly wait for my Sand and Sun skein! i also ordered a skein of Antique Rose. oh so luscious! let's knit a pair of socks together. that would be a blast!
:)

5/26/2007 12:44 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

Oooooh. Totally gorgeous.

5/27/2007 12:12 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Oooooo! That is some beautiful sock yarn! Be careful, etsy is a very hard place to resist!
Such nice fabric that your sister gave you. It will make very cute skirts indeed.

5/27/2007 7:25 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

I love Fearless Fibers. I'm knitting socks with her yarn and it's going to be my softest pair ever. I love the colour you picked.

5/27/2007 6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that is very pretty. Look forward to seeing the socks you make with it.

5/28/2007 3:44 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Oooh, such a pretty color! Yeah, hand winding the 550 yds has been giving me pause, too.

5/30/2007 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails