Saturday, February 17, 2007

Pretty in Pink, Little M Style

Wow, sub-zero weather and a houseful of sick kids can really put a cramp in my blogging style. I think I'm finally coming out of the fog I've been sleepwalking around in. Time to start filling up this blog with pics of knitted projects. The only problem is that at least half of my projects are for up and coming patterns and I don't want to post pics until they're published. The other problem is that half of my knitting is done for Blue Sky Alpacas, either store samples, pattern testing, or pattern designing. I am determined to actually knit more projects for my kids this year, and perhaps, maybe, quite possible, even for me!
I need to get going on more baby things, because, well, I have a baby...

Isn't she cute?!

Well, babies grow so fast that if I don't get a couple of pictures in soon, it'll be too late... So in the interest of preserving memories of my baby in one of the very first baby sweaters I ever actually finished (a couple of sisters ago...) here she is, looking pretty in pink!



I admit it, that's acrylic... it was made before I discovered real fibers... while I was buying my yarn at Walmart... no offense to Walmart, it's just not the place to buy yarn! I just finished a variation of this sweater in Blue Sky Alpacas' Royal... oh my, it's scrumptious! Not machine washable, but scrumptious nonetheless, I can hand wash to get a feel like that!
That's all for now, warm winter beanies coming up soon,
happy knitting,
ali

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh so cute!
I think everyone starts out wide-eyed at Wally World until they become 'enlightened' to real fibers!

traci :)

2/17/2007 4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Acrylic or not...it is beautiful! I myself have a load of Red Heart that I plan on using for afghans and such...no shame in it. I can't afford the "good stuff" for a project like that you know?

Good job.
Marly
www.knitthing.blogspot.com

3/03/2007 8:48 AM  
Blogger Sylvia said...

Will that dress/skirt still fit her in a couple months? hint hint. That might look cute with that little baby sweater you're working on now, or with my little hat set. So cute. I'm loving all these adorable baby things.

3/08/2007 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails