Friday, June 26, 2009

Making Me Smile This Week 6.26.09

Freestyle sewing- no patterns needed- so liberating, and fun! (Although it does steal some time away from the knitting...)
Kids laughing and splashing in the pool.
Homemade cole slaw- I love this recipe (it has buttermilk! I love buttermilk.) I will never again spend $3 for a jar of someone else's cole slaw dressing, not if I can help it. Sorry, no pic, I always eat it all too fast... seriously. (And I don't have the first clue about how to take a nice picture of cole slaw...)

Kids drawing birds.

Blueberry Scones- Why did I wait so long to bake these for the first time?

4 yr old's family portrait.


Sun tea. Yep. Summer has officially arrived.


Happy knitting-
ali

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That dress is beautiful. I have just been given some stunning sari material I intend to make into a dress for my littlest, yours looks perfect.
We make our own coleslaw too, much nicer than shop bought isn't it?
Family portraits look great!

6/27/2009 1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such happy pictures! Thanks for sharing.

6/27/2009 7:09 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

Looks like a good day. Love the photo of the baby in the flowers from the previous post, but the list is amazing. I can't even finish one lousy quilt block this week. Not sure where my mojo has gone...

6/27/2009 9:55 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

The dress is adorable and that photo belongs on a card somewhere!

Sun tea...you have perked my interest. Off to google ;)

P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

6/27/2009 10:41 PM  
Anonymous angie said...

you are amazing Ali; summertime is awesome isn't it; a great time to sew and do additional crafty things since school is out. keep at it!

7/02/2009 10:00 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

That family portrait is beyond cute!

7/04/2009 6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails