Tuesday, May 05, 2009

I Call it Cozy

Now available on the sidebar-

*I'm super excited about this one because it is my first independantly published design. I have more in the works and on the way and am looking forward to sharing them with you!

I'm a cold wimp. My kids are little heaters, but cool spring air is still a problem in little ears. I knew, as winter ended, that I was going to want a hat on my little guy while we're outside this time of year, but I also knew that the warmth of wool and/or alpaca would be a bit much for one of my kiddos (and me!) A cotton hat, with ear flaps, was in order, and given my love of stripes, this is what I ended up with.

I call it Cozy, because it is, and it's available as a free Ravelry download, as well as the new pdf link right over on the sidebar.

Cozy
Sizes: Preemie (Baby, Toddler, Child, Woman, Man) to fit approx 12 (14, 16, 18, 20, 2)"/ 30.5 (35.5, 40.5, 45.5, 50.5, 56) cm head
Gauge: 18 sts & 26 rows=4" in St st
Needles: Size 8 (5 mm), or size needed to obtain gauge
(I'm a tight knitter, you may find you need to go down a needle size or two)
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpacas Dyed Cotton
MC: 1 hank
CC1 & CC2: much less than 1 hank/scraps/odds & ends...

This design would also make a great hat worked in BSA's Worsted Hand Dyes as well, as they can be knit to a similar gauge, though you may have to go down a needle size, perhaps two. The resulting hat would be much warmer- perfect for colder weather, like a Minnesota winter. My husband has already requested a worsted one in his size...

A girly, bright, toddler sized, cotton one is in order for Little M as well!

Enjoy the knitting-
ali

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Kristyn Knits said...

ADORABLE!! Congratulations on the publishing and THANKS for sharing your talent with us.

5/05/2009 5:13 PM  
Blogger At Home Mommy Knits said...

Thanks for sharing your pattern. It is adorable!

5/06/2009 7:26 AM  
Blogger Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

Love the pattern! I think I'll be using it to make a couple of hats for my little guys.

5/06/2009 9:05 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

oh my gosh. you are so good. and sweet.
cozy is absolutely adorable.
and so is your guy, of course.
thanks, ali!!!

5/06/2009 2:36 PM  
Blogger lucinda snyder said...

i love it! cant wait to knit it.
i have a question... how do you add a pdf on blogger? can you help me?

5/06/2009 4:14 PM  
Anonymous kim said...

What a great pattern. I love that adorable picture too. Thanks for sharing.

5/06/2009 7:22 PM  
Blogger stitching under oaks said...

The pattern is so cute! Congratulations on your publishing venture. It will be a fun knit to work up. Thanks for sharing.

5/06/2009 9:21 PM  
Blogger sheepish one said...

seriously cute!! fabulous job.
you are so brave to publish!!

5/06/2009 11:28 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Congrats, what a great accomplishment!

5/15/2009 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails