Monday, June 22, 2009

My Summer 2009 Knitting Goals & Contest Winners

I kept meaning to get my own knitting goals for the summer down on paper, but I kept getting sidetracked with 101 other things- that should tell me something. Something like keep it slightly simpler this season, time is fleeting, and my main goal for this summer is to enjoy the time with my family. That being said- I still intend to knit, and probably quite a bit. So here goes:
  1. Baby J needs a new hoodie
  2. Little M will need a Bulky jacket for fall
  3. Some fancy mittens, pour moi!
  4. Bulky mittens, pour moi aussi, for winter driving (I'm a major cold wimp, especially in the fingers department, no, especially in the any part of my body department)
  5. 1 pair of socks for my husband
  6. Cozy hats, in Worsted, for my 3 big guys (husband included)
  7. New summer tank
  8. Second Skinny Dyed shrug (and publish pattern)
  9. A short sleeve variation...
  10. Second (bigger!) stripey Sport Weight Baby J vest (and publish pattern)
  11. A Felicity hat, or two... by Wanett Clyde
  12. A couple lacy washcloths, because little knit luxuries are so sweet
  13. Ingenue, by Wendy Bernard
  14. Tiny Brocade Cardigan, by Ann Weaver
  15. A couple pairs of socks for Baby J (publish freebie pattern)
  16. Design and knit a coordinating hat
  17. Design and knit some short sleeve cardigans for the girls
  18. Design and knit a zippered ribbed raglan for at least one boy
  19. Design and knit a summery Cotton cardigan

I think that's enough for now (or maybe the next 2 years, we shall see.) I also have way too much sewing planned, some new recipes to try, a struggling garden to tend, picnics to have, and a host of other things to fill up my summer days. It will be snowing again before I know it- it always happens that way...

And for the news you've all been reading for- a random sequence has been generated, and the winners are, in order, The BeanQueen, Janice, aka The Viking Princess, and the non-blogging quiet Raveling, Purple. Congrats- and thanks for playing!

I really hope you have all been a little motivated with the goal setting exercise. Please, please, don't pressure yourselves. This isn't about setting yourself up for dismal failure, but rather, about having some clarity and focus in our knitting and various other creative endeavors. Now, on to the knitting, and don't forget to enjoy your summer!

Happy knitting-

ali

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the winners!

You've got quite a list there - I think that would take me several summers to complete!

Beautiful photos of the little one :-)

6/22/2009 10:40 AM  
Blogger purple-power said...

I am so unbelievably excited. I just sent you a message on Ravelry with my address information. I hope that's OK. Whoopie! And thanks for picking me.

6/22/2009 10:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, looking at your goals, maybe mine were a mite too small. But at the rate this first shawl is getting knit, it might be too ambitious! Love the little dude!!!

6/22/2009 5:10 PM  
Blogger Kristyn Knits said...

WOW! What a list you've made! That would take me at least a few years. he.he.

Thanks for the encouragement to write down a few goals. It was just what I needed.

6/22/2009 6:38 PM  
Blogger At Home Mommy Knits said...

That is some list! Sounds like a lot of knitting in your future :)

6/23/2009 8:01 AM  
Blogger stitching under oaks said...

wow girl, you know how to set some goals...that is some list you've got there. congrats to the winners and thanks for the fun Ali!

6/24/2009 7:41 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

Ali,
Thanks! I'm so excited to have won.
I'm having a dense moment, I can't figure out how to email you. In the meantime I pm'd my address to you in Ravelry.
Janice

6/27/2009 10:12 AM  
Anonymous kim said...

Oh, he is so handsome in his little vest! What great shots. I hope you get to some of your desires. Congrats to the winners.

7/13/2009 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails