Tuesday, May 26, 2009

One Lucky Winner!

Okay, the moment has come- time to announce the yarny goodness winner. I was mighty impressed with the response- there were a lot of new names/faces for me, which is only logical considering the many thousands of knitters there are in this great big world we all share. I've been having fun stopping by so many new blogs, getting a glimpse of your interests and talents- what a super group of people!

Suzanne, of foofanagle, contact me at aliATskeinsherway DOTcom,
with your address- congrats & enjoy!
(She happens to be having a giveaway of her own right now- if you're also a quilter, you should head on over before 8 pm June 2nd!)

In garden news, it was a rather cool morning, which was nice for the hefty work of pounding in about a 100 stakes in the laying out of all the rows. There is much more work to be done yet this week and we will have some friends out to plant their own little plot as well. They have a small city lot and are looking forward to bringing their kids out to see how green their thumbs are. I can't wait! Fun stuff!



In knitting news, I've been swatching with another new Spud & Chloe yarn, their bulky weight aptly named "Outer". It is so very, very, soft. The cotten content simply begs petting, and I don't mind complying, not one little bit. My notebook is filling up with sketches of design ideas, now if only my days could fill up with several (dozen) more hours.

Kid Funny- As my youngest girls were settling in to bed tonight, I could hear the sing-song-y question "Can I get a napkin, please?", which is ten times funnier than it might seem at first glance, if you're a fan of musicals at all, and the Food Court Musical, in particular. Too cute. Oh stink, now it's stuck in my head, I'll probably drift off singing it too.
And speaking of cute, I'm totally biased, I know, but seriously-

Enough for now,
happy knitting-
ali

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Kristyn Knits said...

she is totally cute!

5/27/2009 1:19 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Aw! I love the tangled hair... my daughter's hair does that too. So precious.

Hilary

5/27/2009 8:16 AM  
Blogger stitching under oaks said...

congrats to the winner! your sweetie is a cutie!

5/27/2009 11:50 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

that yarn looks heavenly....
and that photo! frame it!!!
xx

5/27/2009 8:07 PM  
Blogger Celestial said...

ha, now I have the napkin song in my head too. Thanks for stopping over and saying hi :)

5/28/2009 8:16 AM  
Blogger Traci said...

LoVe the outer! yummy, yummy, YUMMY yarn! i can't wait to see what your creative mind comes up with for this!
congrats to the winner!
:D

5/30/2009 12:28 AM  
Blogger psalm127 said...

Oh bummer I didn't win. ha ha Can hardly wait till we can buy it ourselves.

Now the napkin thing I can relate to. My kids sing it too. lol ssshhh...I don't want them to start again. :)

5/31/2009 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails