Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Legs Warm Enough For Now

We've been enjoying some warm days, wind and all, mixed with a few refreshingly cool ones. It's important for us to get some good outside time under our belts now, before the mosquitos move in for the summer and we become prisoners in our own basement.

For now, it's been fun watching the apple trees blossom and the maple trees release their 'helicopters'. And the birds. We love watching, and listening to, the birds. I was out back Saturday morning and a barn swallow flew so close to me that I could have reached out my hand and touched it, and no, I am not exaggerating. It was slightly startling. I love when they fly so low to the ground that you can see the brilliant blue of their backs shining in and reflecting the sun. So cool.

I've got my second set of wrist & legwarmers, in the new Spud & Chloe 'Sweater', on the needles. This set is for my current 2 year old, Little M. The first set was for the 6 yr old, Miss G. That leaves the 4 & 8 yr olds, and myself, if I want to fit in.
In garden news, we managed to get some broccoli, 36 hot pepper plants, and six 36 ft rows of corn in today. We're almost done. I do believe this will be our biggest garden ever- and with our friends coming up to plant and tend a huge section, it really looks big! (Ours in 40 ft x 120 ft, and theirs is 20 ft x 100 ft) And that's not including the strawberry bed, or should I say strawberry field? It keeps growing, and I keep letting it...
In other news, my hip is somewhat better. Recovery may be hampered by the fact that I'm not going to wear my Danskos in the garden! My chiropractor is just going to have to understand...
Happy knitting-
ali

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Turtle said...

i did broccoli as well as a few sunflowers this morning...glad to hear i wasn't alone as i was afraid i was way behind for broccoli!

6/04/2009 7:38 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

okay you. wear those danskos IN THE GARDEN!
seriously ali. your hip will love you. and you can wash off those indestructible shoes!!!!! and just imagine how much better you will feel!!
i really can't wait to see your designs with the spud & chloe!!!
happy knitting.
happy gardening.
and right about now.... i hope it is happy sleeping!!!

6/04/2009 9:53 PM  
Blogger At Home Mommy Knits said...

Your garden sounds fantastic!! We have a much smaller garden over here and planted (for the first time) six corn plants among other things. Good luck with all your knits :)

6/04/2009 10:30 PM  
Blogger stitching under oaks said...

only tomato plants here...your garden sounds fabulous. take care of yourself and that hip! can't wait to see your new designs.

6/06/2009 10:21 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Hi Allison,

I'm an old Waseca friend of Dave's. He saw on facebook that I knit and referred me to your blog. It's lovely! I just wanted to say hello and tell you how impressed I am. I will definitely check in again and steal some of your patterns. My 2-year-old would love the leg and wrist-warmers and they seem within my skill level.

Your kids are so cute. Do you make most of their clothes yourself? Such sweet little dresses. The little guy in the pool looks so much like Davey did as a kid! :-)

Take care,
Brooke

7/01/2009 4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails