Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sweet Peas

I love this time of year.
Even if we don't keep up with it all.
Even if the weeds take over and eventually win.
We'll still have this time.
Knitting for tonight- kitchener a baby sock toe, then cast on for another pair, a size bigger, my babies grow fast... Oh, and write down the pattern this time, silly designer. Then start the knitting math for new Spud & Chloe design... Knitting math, I love it, once I finally got over the 'sit down and do it' hump. There are times when it takes me way too long to get over that hump. I am easily distracted. Big family = many distractions, but when they look like this, I don't mind so much.
I mean, would you?
This particular child is fortunate to be so cute, because she can be a little, um, 'high maintenance' at times, my biggest motherhood challenge so far. And then she smiles and bats her baby blues at me, and it's all good.

Up next: string beans!

Happy knitting-
ali

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Kristyn Knits said...

looks like a lot of family fun!
my little guy and your little girl would get along beautifully. two "high maintenance"...they could take care of each other. :)
happy creating, designer!

5/28/2009 11:22 PM  
Anonymous kim said...

Oh, yes, there is absolutely no way that I could resist that angelic face! Have a great weekend!

5/29/2009 8:26 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

awwwww what a great mommy you are creating all these FuN memories for your adorable kiddos! i can't wait to see all the hard work you guys have done! we need a Chipotle/knit night ASAP!
:D
btw, great pics Ali!

5/30/2009 12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great day you guys had in the garden. I love the photos. Yes, write down that sock pattern, silly.
~Dawn

5/30/2009 2:35 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

a nice family project!

5/31/2009 1:21 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

awww.
such a sweet post
it does go too fast, don't you think.
to be in the moment and live in the moment is all a busy mom can do!
happy knitting, gardening, hugs to you!

6/01/2009 10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a "high maintenance" little girl too!
Looks like they all had fun.

6/02/2009 12:05 AM  
Blogger stitching under oaks said...

looks like all the important stuff is being tended to. such fun growing all together!

6/06/2009 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails