Thursday, April 16, 2009

Little Sisters

(6 yr old took this pic of Baby J!)
I'm 7 & 9 yrs older than my 'little' sisters. (They are both shorter than me, I will always call them little...) When they got married, I was pregnant with child number 6- I had a bit of a head start (and got married a bit younger than they did.)

When the youngest sister had her first baby (a boy), a little over a year ago, it all seemed so weird- I had been the only sister with kids for so long... Then our other sister announced that she was expecting, and that seemed really weird, that soon, we'd all have kids.

Looks like that soon should be sometime today... her water broke in the night (10 days early, I'm not sure if I can fully forgive her for that) and she is at the hospital awaiting the probability of requiring some pitocin, as nothing natural has kicked in so far. Hugs, thoughts, and prayers in her general direction would be greatly appreciated.

We are all looking forward to meeting her new little sweetheart, and smelling that intoxicating new baby smell... (No, for the cynical out there, I did not mean the smell of spit up or poopy diapers. For the experienced mothers and grandmothers out there, you know what I meant...)

In the meantime, while we all await news, have you SEEN this?! I cried. Clearly, being tired from a week of sickness and now sinus presure (thanks to spring tree pollen, and apparently DUST, according to the allergist, trying Nasonex, so far, I'm still dizzy and my head hurts, and yes, I know that qualifies as whining) has apparently made me a bit emotional, but seriously, watch it and see if you don't get choked up- especially if you know the song... oh, how incredibly appropriate... (Okay, it's not just me. Really.)

And then, for a laugh, watch this, and this, and this, oh, my goodness, they make me smile big smiles. Seriously, watch them all, it'll be good for you today.

Oh, and the knitting- sickness delays, sigh, working on the sleeves, colder weekend coming, I think I'll still be able to wear it yet this spring... it's all good.

Gotta get outside.
Happy knitting-
ali

8 Comments:

Blogger Traci said...

YaYYYYY!!!
i can't wait, i can't wait, i can't wait!!!!! (i know i'll have to though!)
:D

4/16/2009 2:40 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

but did you watch the videos?!?!
you HAVE to watch the videos!

4/16/2009 3:29 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

yes i did, Susan Boyle was inspirational!

Any news about the new blessing yet??
:D

4/17/2009 9:26 AM  
Anonymous kim said...

Thank you so much for the great links. I found myself smiling stupidly at the screen. Have a great weekend.

4/17/2009 7:35 PM  
Blogger psalm127 said...

Thanks for the laughs. I love it!!

Oh and yes I love the smell of babies.

4/19/2009 9:56 PM  
Blogger stitching under oaks said...

I saw that video on our evening news...so wonderful. There really are amazing people in this world. Hope you get some sunshine and fresh air...get better soon!

4/20/2009 10:43 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

can't wait to hear about your sister! hope all is going well.... i want to smell the baby, too!
i can't tell you how many times i have watched susan boyle. and i too cried/cry every time.
and how cute is simon?!!!
happy belated anniversary!
xx

4/21/2009 11:52 AM  
Anonymous Rachel Resler said...

Hi Ali!
I remember attending your wedding at the conservatory--12 years ago? Really?

Hey--I’m going to be up in your area this Saturday (4/25)at the Taste of Home Cooking School being held at the high school. My mom and I have a business with Heritage Makers(www.lifebookswithflair.com) and we are having a table at the Expo before the presentation. I just wanted to let you know in case you would be attending this event for some reason so you would be sure to say “Hi”!! The chances are slim that you would be at the same event, but just in case I wouldn’t want to miss you!!!



Hope all is well with you and the family. I love to see what you’re up to so I check in on Skeins Her Way a couple times a month. I just started attempting knitting lace—a very easy pattern with worsted weight yarn, but planning to move to thinner yarn and more complexity soon. So Fun!!

Blessings! Rachel Resler

4/24/2009 8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails