Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Winter Play 1.0

You know it's cold out when-

That's what happens when very hot water meets sub-zero temps...

Oh, my goodness, it's painfully cold out there, dangerously cold out there- I'm not going out there, anymore, at least until tomorrow, 'cause, you know, it's supposed to get up to -5.

I finally got around to taking a couple pics of one of the last projects to come off the needles in 2008, well, I got around to having my 9 yr old budding photographer son take a couple pics.





Pattern: Evangeline, Raveled here.

Yarn: Patons Classic Wool Merino, Leaf Green

Main mod: Did mine on a Reverse Stockinette Stitch background

It seems just about every one and their neighbor has made a pair of these. I do wish I'd read more comments on Ravelry regarding lining up the cables with the ribbing before casting on. I was well into my first one when I realized that they hadn't lined up at the beginning. This probably would never have bothered me, because I probably never would've noticed- I can be like that sometimes. But once I had noticed, there was no leaving it be. I was too impatient to rip and start over, it would be 'eh, good enough' (family mantra) to be lined up on the hand, where more people will see... I considered starting out the second one lined up, but then they would be different, and that just couldn't be, no way, no how- I can be like that, too, sometimes.

They fit just right (I love it when that works out) and they're coming in handy right about now, as an added layer to my 99 cent little stretchy gloves...

All in all, a pleasurable knit. So much of my knitting time is spent designing that it's just nice to sit back and follow a pattern instead of having to think so much sometimes! That being said, if I were to make another pair, I'd add in a true thumb gusset, I do enjoy me a good gusset now and then, and probably a different cable, and, then, with my Rev St st mod, well, it'd be a completely different fingerless glove- off to the designing board, I think. I've got some great new mystery yarn just calling to be some funky new fingerless mitts.

Speaking of designing, I've got a little girls' set on the needles now, and a couple little girls hoping they're done soon! Better get on that...

Here's hoping you're warmer than I am right now! (-27 F)

Happy knitting-

ali

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Turtle said...

those are adorable...and i love that you doubled them with the little stretchy gloves! clever!! (lol, and necessary right now)

We have been seeing the temps your way on the news, insane! Stay in and keep warm!

1/14/2009 10:25 PM  
Blogger Heidelweiss said...

Oooh. That IS cold. I LOVE the Evangeline mitts. Once I get my hideously large pile of UFO's finished, I really want to cast on for those. Thanks for the comment on my blog! It wouldn't be a pretty day if I started listening to Oprah either ;).

1/15/2009 9:19 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Love the evangeline mitts. The colour of yours is fabulous!!

1/15/2009 10:56 AM  
Blogger Traci said...

that's on our science list to do but it's just not the same without friends! ;)

the mitts look great! i have a few stash busting things to do first, but they ARE on my list! you know, the extrasuperduper LONG one?
:D

1/15/2009 2:11 PM  
Blogger km said...

I'm working on some Mitts right now. And feeling crazy since they're not necessary here. It's 85 today. I'm not sure what I would do if was actually COLD. Have some cocoa and treat the kids too.

1/15/2009 3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't see it; they look perfectly perfect to me. I think I'm the only knitter on the planet who has not yet made a pair. Soon. Stay warm...

1/16/2009 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails