Thursday, January 15, 2009

Warming Up From the Inside Out


Oh my, another subzero day. I really could use a good grocery run, but that would require going outside, so today I'm thankful for a stocked pantry & full freezer- I can live without fresh produce for a few more days. (Fewer errands = more knitting time!)

I have enough fixin's for many batches of homemade cocoa mix (thanks, Alton!). That is how we warm up on the inside around here, that, and a good batch of soup, like this Salsa Chicken Black Bean Soup- I'm pretty sure I need to make that again tomorrow, as we are still looking at high temps in the single digits, at least it'll be above zero. It's a start. Baby steps.

(The cocoa recipe says to fill the mug half full of the mix, a third is plenty creamy... and if you read the reviews you'll find that this is NOT super sweet, like store mixes, but it is rich and creamy. We did increase the powdered sugar by a cup... oh, and it's really good with crushed candy canes, I'm just sayin', oh, and don't leave out the cayenne pepper, seriously.)


Version 1.0 of my Little Girly Mits are almost done, and I have at least one little girly chomping at the bit, but I have a couple quilt squares to get knocked out by Saturday morning if I ever hope to catch up on my Block of the Month Club, so... we'll see...

Stay warm,
Happy knitting-
ali

ps- in keeping with my video clip kick, have you seen this?! Totally amazing. Mind bogglingly amazing. Seriously.

8 Comments:

Blogger The WoodLand School said...

I cannot believe that video! And now, I'll stop complaining about how small my size 0 knitting needles are : )

1/15/2009 10:08 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Ali, thanks so much for the continued recipe links -- I've been making your apple pie almost non-stop!

1/16/2009 9:17 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

wanted to say , i just found your blog ... i LOVE it :o). that's it!
p.s. that video is incredible

1/16/2009 3:03 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

That video is fascinating!
Your blog is great. Hope you're all staying warm. :)

1/17/2009 9:45 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

yum cocoa sounds good! we made some of this as well and the girls just filled their cocoa pot for a long late night of gaming. love the color and cables on the mitts!

1/17/2009 9:46 PM  
Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

We've began emerging from the house and enjoying the cold weather. Oldest went skiing yesterday. dh and kids went sledding and playing in the snow. Okay, I didn't. I stayed in and quite happily knit at my lys.

Love the video.

1/17/2009 11:11 PM  
Blogger psalm127 said...

WOW, that is amazing. My eyes hurt just listening to it.

Love the cable mittens you are making.

1/22/2009 5:16 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

i'm still in awe of this vid!
love how the mitts look! you'll have to bring out the quilt next time cause i've just got to see it's progress. i love the fabrics you chose!
:D

1/26/2009 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails