Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Simply Baby Shrugs and Less Than Simple Bears


Mid-week-at-a-glance... On Monday, I managed to bind off and add ties to the Bainbridge Scarf I started a while back after seeing its cuteness posted by ADD Knitter and purlfriend (and then promptly put down just shy of finishing... why do I do that?!), and well, as it has snowed pretty much every day since the first day of spring here in perpetual Winter Wonderland (otherwise known as Minnesota), it looks like there will still be time to wear it.
I may have been born and raised in MinneSNOWta, but I am truly a cold-wimp at heart, and will continue to wear little scarves well into the light jacket season to cozy up my temperature sensitive neck zone. Now I need a new portable and preferably brainless project for toting around town...

This will do, not exactly brainless (though pretty easy), but baby and toddler sizes make for pretty portable.

(not my baby, but isn't she cute?! she's in the book...)

Off to a running start on my list, I've been working on the Baby Shrug from Simply Baby. I'm at least halfway through, having divided for the fronts. The construction is interesting, starting with the bottom of the back, working up, casting on more sts for sleeves, working up some more, dividing for fronts, then working over the top (shoulder) and down each front, finished with picking up for a ribbed edging (thinking of a contrast edging for this one). I'm making the largest size (18-24 months) for my little M (currently 16 months) hoping it will fit her for the rest of spring and into early summer. At first I wasn't sure it would be big enough, now I'm thinking it'll be a bit too big... we'll see... babies grow, too fast, in my opinion. If it's too big on Monday, it just might fit by Friday... or so it seems.

I should have a finished object with cute pics of baby (excuse me, er, toddler) photo shoot by next week... but for now it just looks like this...

and from further back, like this...



What's that lovely bit of orange-y-goodness, you ask? Well, it could've been a Little Teddy Bear, from Amigurumi, if it weren't for the hole that stopped me dead in my tracks... yeah, that hole that's located right at the top of the head...?!?!


Hmm, something in my 'foundation ring' went awry. Never fear, I don't give up that easily, at least at some things... (This crochet in circles tutorial should help refresh my skills) Seriously, this book is so cute, I just have to figure out how to make some of these little guys, with no holes in the head... maybe even in time for my baby sister's baby shower, maybe.

Happy Wednesday,
and happy knitting-
ali

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Your Bainbridge is fantastic, it looks soooo soooft!!

3/27/2008 5:18 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

I love the Bainbridge! And all the cute babies/baby stuff in this post.

3/27/2008 7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails