Saturday, March 15, 2008

Got Goals?

Okay, time to start writing out my own goals for the spring. I'm a list maker, an overly ambitious list maker at that. My to-do lists, as well as my seasonal goals lists, are virtually impossible for me to complete, unless somebody can come up with a way for me to survive on no sleep... but without the list, I wander aimlessly through most of my days, not accomplishing much, aside from filling toddlers' milk cups, keeping diapers current and dry, supervising kids' chores, and helping with things like math and english, violin and piano... Lists help me focus and energize me to stay on top of the daily mommy stuff in such a way that I can squeeze in some knitting, sewing, crafting stuff as well.

I know I will not get to everything on my list. In fact, I would consider it quite an accomplishment to finish half of it. With no list, I'd be lucky to finish a garter ridge scarf, for a doll...

ali's spring knitting goals 2008

1- finish kid's bulky jacket design, my TOP priority at present
2- cotton maternity tank (that would be for me to wear this summer... hint, hint)
3- finish Cable Rib Sock (Favorite Socks) and knit its mate
4-Girl's Sundress for Mercy
5- finish 2nd baby heart hoodie, get pattern written up and laid out
6- design sweater to replace old favorite from Anthropologie that I accidentally shrunk/felted (so sad...)
7- get cabled baby cardi ready for publication
8- bulky jacket for Mercy
9- baby girl sweater for friend- haven't decided which one yet...
10- try a toe-up sock pattern (I've only knit top-down so far)
11- Baby Bobbie Bear
12- coordinating sweaters for friend's soon-to-be-born boy/girl twins
13- Uptown Boot Socks (Favorite Socks)
14- Kai Cable Sweater (Natural Knits for Babies and Moms) for nephew
15- assemble my Eyelet Cardigan, finish neck and button bands
16- pink Baby Shrug (Simply Baby) for Mercy
17- a couple Pompon Berets, too cute (Simply Baby)
18- Boat-neck Sweater (Baby Knits for Beginners) w/ matching hat for gift
19- girls' version cropped cardigans for my girls
20- work on the Rectangle Shawl I'd all but forgotten about...
21- update more on Ravelry and Flickr
22- give the podcasts another chance, see if I can find one I can stand listening to...
23- Rolled Jacket (Simply Baby)
24- some dolly dresses and sweaters

That's more than enough for now... I'll try to update as I actually work from my list, but don't be surprised if I post about random things that didn't even make my list (I have always suffered from Project Attention Deficit Disorder, hence my need for lists in the first place) like, say, for instance, these little bags I made my daughters. (Yep, 4 of them for my 4 girls, my 2 boys could do without pink book bags...)




Out of this way cute fabric I bought yards and yards of for mere pennies at an old fabric store's 'going out of business sale'. Ten years ago I never would've paired orange and pink, now I can't get enough of the color combo. Lovin' it.


Details can be oh-so-tedious, but oh-so-rewarding at the same time...


Now if I can just stay away from the machine long enough to put the finishing touches on the design I'm working on...

How 'bout you, got goals?

Happy knitting-
ali

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I like my list better (har!), seriously, so you are so motivated, I love it! And thos book bags are beyond cute, how do the girls tell them apart?

3/16/2008 6:56 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

The bags are super cute! :)

And should we congratulate you yet or are you hoping to get pregnant soon?

3/16/2008 10:01 AM  
Blogger Clare said...

That is some list! And sounds like congratulations are in order too (just in case you weren't busy enough!!) Fantastic news. I haven't received my parcel yet - will let you know as soon as I do.

3/16/2008 3:53 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Your totes are so cute. I'm lovin' the pink and orange too. Your list is mighty impressive, mine's pretty short (like the attention span) and is constantly changing. It's like I know what i'm going to do and the "ooh, the new Knitty is out..." Also congrats are in order! YAY!

3/16/2008 6:30 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

For reals? You'll be wearing maternity tops this summer? Congratulations!!

3/17/2008 5:43 PM  
Blogger Dove Knits said...

That is aloooot of goals! And with 6 kids (and another on the way?). I'm sure you can do it, though :) (Plus, one's definition of "spring" can be flexible and depends on the hemisphere of one's preference.)

3/18/2008 2:07 PM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I caught the hint ... is this your way of announcing it and you're wondering how many would notice? hehe

I'm one of 8. So it's not enough until you've had 8. 8 is enough! Hey, that was a TV show ... remember?

3/20/2008 1:20 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

wow, those are some great goals! i have a few things i'd like to get to as well...

ohfer cute bags for the girls!

and i can't wait to see what you'll knit up to wear for the maternity months! woo hoo!
:)

3/26/2008 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails