Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What? It's March Already?!



Wow, I must be getting really old, I'm sure time is going faster each year... It seems I was just contemplating New Years' Resolutions (knitting and non-knitting) the other day, and, well, it seems that was something like 75 days ago... jeepers.


This month started out with a crazy-busy week with little to no knitting time to be found. I got to thinking that I need to start a pair of basic socks as a person only needs so many garter ridge scarves, but a person (like me!) really needs some brainless knitting to be working on during weeks with activities like play practice, competition*, and finals*, orchestra and violin lessons for kids, every single day, sometimes well into the evening... The thing is, I really wanted to come home and knit a while to wind down at night, or to have something to knit during one practice or another, but I'm in the middle of a bulky jacket design, and I'm figuring neckline shaping, in a cabled stitch pattern, and that isn't exactly the 'portable and brainless' type project needed for such situations. With a deadline approaching on the jacket design, I felt guilty even thinking about starting some socks... so I did what any self-respecting procrastinator (really, is there such a thing?) would do- I did nothing.


Well, it's time to jump back into the swing of things. I have a couple more days to work out that design and I even found a languishing little scarf I'd sadly forgotten about finishing to pick up when my brain is fried from knitting math. Soon all will be well with my knitting world.


Oh, and when I find myself procrastinating some tomorrow, I'll try to get a chance to snap a pic of the cute little bags I made my girls! I've been drawn to the sewing machine again...

'till tomorrow then,
happy knitting,
ali

*the play advanced to finals and took 2nd place (my 14, 8, & 7 yr olds were in it)
-the skit didn't advance... poor skit... (14 & 8 yr olds)
-8 yr old got an outstanding performer award for violin solo
-14 yr old got best musical performance award for violin solo
-kids took home several ribbons and a couple of plaques
-Mom is still grinning big and is so proud of my kids for giving it their all and having a lot of fun in the process! (It was a 4H event called "Share the Fun" after all!)

3 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I am all about portable and brainless!!

3/13/2008 9:46 AM  
Blogger Traci said...

yes, it IS March already! i am getting so psyched for good weather and planting and sun and and...i totally agree about the 'portable' type knitting. i think i need a new bag ;)

3/14/2008 11:51 AM  
Blogger Traci said...

oh, and WAY TO GO KIDS!

3/26/2008 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails