Friday, September 18, 2009

Making Me Smile This Week 9.18.09


  • Watching my Lacy Baktus grow.
  • Making new friends at a new (to us) homeschool coop, and finding out I actually graduated high school with one of the dear homeschooling moms! That would explain why she looked familiar...
  • 6 & 8 yr old learning about Spain (european geography class at coop) and excitedly telling about the 'umbrellos' they wear on their heads and how they have really big tomato fights, and then finding silly video clips of the tomato throwing festival and hearing their collective giggles as they watch the craziness under the guise of a cultural event, hehe...
  • My last two bad pain days (head & neck) both responded to ice and Motrin, within about an hour, that is huge for me, I used to lose entire days to severe pain. I love my chiropractor, he has changed my life.
  • My teenager, who was once my baby, and who turned 16 last Saturday, making me feel older, but blessing this Momma's heart every day.
  • Hearing about my son scoring his 1st 2 goals of the season, in the 1st game I couldn't make it to... (that one makes me a little bit bummed as well, but I'm choosing to focus on the good- he scored! Twice! Woohoo!)
  • Watching my little girls play cowboys, or rather, cowgirls, running around in fake leather vests with fringe and wearing my cowboy hat. (There are a lot of people, with a lot of horses, around here, and my girls like to count horses as we drive around, and imagine they all belong on our ranch, except, we don't live on a ranch...)
  • Watching Baby J feel, and try to eat, the tiny pebbles at the playground, after being released from the stroller to go exploring for the 1st time. It was the perfect opportunity for a little "no mouth" training!
  • Having to work hard to find snippets of time to knit because my life is so full right now, contented sigh...
  • Hearing 2, 4, 6, 8, & 10 yr olds using Spanish words they've picked up (watching Dora!) Too bad I took 4 1/2 yrs of French, haha!
  • Cool evenings- I can finally get cozy in all of my favorite sweaters! (And start knitting some more!!)

What's making you smile this week?

happy knitting-
ali

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Your life is so rich and full, Ali--that's making me smile:)

9/19/2009 6:20 AM  
Blogger MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

This week I have smiled from the joy of just being together with my family. I smile at how blessed we are to be able to take a trip together-- and that we actually LIKE to be with each other! I smile when I see Austin and Noah with their maps out trying to navigate our family to the next destination. I smile when I think about Heaven and how Christian will be able to show us around!

And I am thankful that God has given us His Word to help us navigate this crazy life.

9/19/2009 8:26 AM  
Blogger Journeying Five said...

sounds like lots of things to be thankful for!

9/20/2009 12:46 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

This week I am smiling because it has warmed up a bit here. My son has a great art class he enjoys. My daughter has been a great help to me. And my garden is still growing.

Ruth

9/22/2009 12:15 PM  
Blogger stitching under oaks said...

this week I'm smiling because my poison ivy is finally clearing up...thanks for your well wishes and kind words Alison! I love the way you made a list of what you're thankful for...that is just so good to do.

9/22/2009 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails