Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Two Weeks and Counting

(this pic just cracks me up!)

I think the days fly by faster when one is sleep deprived, or it may be that I know just how fleeting these new baby days are, or maybe it has something to do with the sudden season change and the way that whole daylight savings thing crept up on me.


A little knitting has been done... I'm already working on my knitting while nursing and my knitting with sleeping baby on lap techniques, but I don't have any finished products to show this week, yet, so on with the baby pics and good eats-


My long time favorite (I've mentioned I'm a cinnamon fan)-

Snickerdoodles
1 cup soft butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp cinnamon

Heat oven to 350. Mix butter, sugar, and eggs. Blend all dry ingredients except cinnamon and sugar and stir in. Roll into balls. Roll balls in cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes. Enjoy.

I like easy cookies. These are easy, though they do take a few minutes to shape and coat, but many hands make light work and kids love to help with that part, at least mine do.


One thing that I am trying to finish (though it's not looking very probable at this point) is a November Birthday Hat for my little M, who will be a big 2 years old on Friday. We've got snow moving in for the weekend, so the timing is right, though being almost 2, she probably won't notice if it isn't done until this weekend, or worse, Monday... We'll see what happens with this one. Then there's another birthday hat to be made for my almost 6 year old later this month- 'tis the season!

Off to cuddle, nurse, and head to baby's 2 week check-up.

Happy knitting-

ali

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger psalm127 said...

AAAhhh he is so cute. I love them at this stage......well I love them at all the stages but this one is one of my favorites. LOVE LOVE LOVE Snickerdoodles. It is that time of the year to start making them. yum yummy! I have done the knitting while nursing and knitting while sleeping on the lap it works for a while but then as you know they like to pull at your work when they get older ha ha

11/06/2008 10:07 AM  
Blogger Stephanie B said...

So cute!!! Thanks for the cookies, I love love love snickerdoodles!!

11/06/2008 11:05 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I wish my computer was "scratch 'n sniff". The way the weather is changing today, those would make the house smell SO VERY GOOD!

11/06/2008 12:04 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

it IS time for snickerdoodles! gotta get a batch goin'!

it never ceases to amaze me how fast kids grow. *sigh* we're trying to cherish every last second too...
:D

11/06/2008 12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prescious. Just precious. What neat Fair Isle knitting you do! I cannot believe you find time to bake too. Amazing!

11/07/2008 8:28 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Hi Ali! CONGRATULATIONS! He is GORGEOUS! I am impressed like crazy that you are blogging, baking, knitting AND parenting your other children while just having had the new little guy. I am in awe of you. Hugs all around.

11/07/2008 8:32 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

oh my gosh, ali, he is so precious.
i remember those days, nursing and knitting. :)

i love that your snickerdoodles have butter. not crisco. i am going to have to try them!

11/08/2008 10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh he is so beautiful, well done all of you!

11/15/2008 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails