Thursday, October 16, 2008

6 Days 'Overdue'

Later 10/20/08 ETA: Monday afternoon, still 10 days overdue, 4 cm dilated, induction scheduled...
10/20/08 ETA: Monday morning, Day 10 'overdue'... it has to happen soon... that's what I keep telling myself... I'm getting uncomfortable...
10/19/08 ETA: late Sunday, Day 9 'overdue'... no new news...
10/18/08 ETA: it is now the afternoon of Day 8 'overdue'... still nothing...
10/17/08 ETA: it is now the evening of Day 7 'overdue'... no news... grrr...

Okay, 6 days past my 'due date' and while I'm not getting any more patient, I'm pretty sure baby is getting bigger by the day. We could cross the 10 pound threshold this time, not exactly a goal I was trying to reach, but chubby babies are cuter, right? I'm sure he'll photograph well.
I had an ultrasound yesterday afternoon to check fluid levels and such, making sure the womb environment is still looking good. Fluid levels are fine, heartrate is fine, cord looks fine, placenta's fine too... everything looks good, he's got a nice cozy place to hang out. He's only got another week and a day until he gets evicted- at the latest. I have another appointment with the midwife tomorrow morning, we'll see from there how long I/we can last.
I'm not really accomplishing much around here, but I am working on my delegating skills (and the more technically advanced skill of following through and making sure delegated tasks get done!) So the dishes are still being washed, the laundry is being washed, folded, and put away, and the floors are getting vacuumed every day while I rest up (reading blogs and ravelry forums and planning new knitting projects and designs...)
I have 12 (four sets of three) of these stuffed toy balls cut out and now sewn together. Next step- clipping curves, then it's onto the stuffing, which I'll probably need more of. I have fabrics to make some 'boy' sets next. They'll make such cute gifts, especially if I get some matching bibs done. Fun stuff.
I've got a pattern to edit and some swatching to do to pass some time tonight, perhaps while watching this month's favorite BBC production- North & South, complete with a proposal scene to rival that from Pride & Prejudice. Topped off with a long soak in the tub, not a bad way to spend an evening (even though it's an evening I'd rather spend rushing to the local hospital for a speedy delivery...)
Enough for now- there are more crayons to shave, and toys to sew.
Happy knitting-
ali

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no! I know how you feel, both my single babies were 9 days overdue and the twins went full time, I'm sure they'd have gone overdue if I hadn't insisted they were born!

Hope the little one comes soon. xx

10/16/2008 10:17 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

oh! glad you had the ultrasound and that all fluid levels are good. that is the most important thing.
(libby was 12 days late.......a tiny amt of fluid remaining.....resulting in an emergency c )

and yes. chubby babies are adorable. :)

thinking of you!!!

10/17/2008 9:19 AM  
Blogger psalm127 said...

Will keep praying. I know how frustrating it is. He is being evicted now that is too funny.

10/17/2008 3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My birthday is Oct. 23 so I'm a bit partial to that date. For your sake though, I hope it's tonight! Hang in there. "This too shall pass."

Erika

10/17/2008 8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 3rd was 14 days overdue and a big girl. you'll have a wonderful sweet baby soon I'm sure. :)

10/18/2008 9:25 PM  
Blogger psalm127 said...

Oh I am praying for you. I am there. I have been late with all six of my kids. any day now. Oh and my Vogue Knitting Quick Reference book is suppose to be arriving today. I can hardly wait. Then maybe I can knit like you pros. ha.

Lord we ask for a safe delivery of this little one.

10/20/2008 9:27 AM  
Blogger Dove Knits said...

Eagerly awaiting more news!

10/22/2008 7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, hope little one comes soon.

10/22/2008 9:48 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

waiting to hear. and thinking of you!

10/23/2008 7:39 AM  
Blogger Traci said...

oh what wonderful fabric! i can't wait to see them finished!

we need a sewing day get-together...
:D

10/30/2008 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails