Thursday, October 09, 2008

2 More Days, 1 more day...

The countdown continues...
(and it is likely to continue for another week, maybe 2, if history means anything...)

But, let us distract ourselves with busyness, shall we? There is much fall cleaning to do (you know, those obsessive little things like wiping down all the lightswitch plates and dusting behind the bed), fall decorating to start, and fall projects to make. There are regular meals to cook (we can't have pizza every night), extra meals to freeze (like shepherd's pies!), menus to plan (I wander aimlessly through life, and my kitchen, without a plan), grocery lists to print out (again with the plan), and actual grocery shopping to be done (the hardest part of the plan). No matter how hard I try, I just can't find a way to feed my family with food we don't have...

A little more knitting is in order (it always is, isn't it?). I have been practicing a little 'project completion avoidance', having completed all but the seaming on a Garter Stitch Cardigan , from Knitting for Baby (Melanie Falick and Kristin Nicholas).

Garter stitch and seaming are not my favorite knitting concepts, so I'm dragging my feet on the finishing touches and distracting myself with things like a couple more hats, a new little sweater design, and the Mystery Sock KAL- my cuffs are done, and I hope to get a good start on clue #2 tonight, you know, if I'm not in labor...

Anyhoo- we're off to soccer practice, maybe I should offer to help out with some drills, you know, to help things along a bit... or maybe not. The leaves are in full color around here and I think I'll walk around the lakeside a bit (yeah, rough, ain't it? Soccer field by the lake...) with the other 5 and try to snap some cute fall photos, that, and maybe sit and sew a seam, maybe.

Happy knitting-
ali

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Ooh, Shepherd's Pie! Your family must be wishing you would get pregnant more often!! Good luck:)

10/10/2008 7:43 AM  
Blogger psalm127 said...

Keep checking in to see how baby watch is going. I will continue to pray for a safe delievery. Know what you are going through with the lateness. God Bless Laura

10/10/2008 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails