Wednesday, October 15, 2008

5 Days 'Overdue'

Something to be thrilled about...

Something I'm not so thrilled about... anyone wanna venture a guess as to how many of those pokey little things I pulled off of my shoes after a fruitless brisk walk through the backyard yesterday? Those things really hurt this time of year!


If I post every day this week, will it make baby join us any sooner? No, probably not, but it does occupy a chunk of my time here and there, and give me something active to do with my mind other than obsess about it all.

I considered starting a great work of literature (Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice) to completely occupy my mind, thinking that perhaps one of Murphy's laws would kick in and right about the time of that horribly awkward first proposal scene that doesn't go so well for Mr. Darcy, my 'water' would 'break' or some intense contractions would start. After further consideration, I realized that it wouldn't work- this baby was so thoughtful as to wait for that last home soccer game to pass so that I could make it, he'd probably be the perfect little gentleman and wait for me to finish the book- it's a long book, so I'll have to come up with something else (and watch my favorite version of the movie this afternoon- I'm sure that will help me feel better.)


Short, managable projects are in order-
  • I have some new card stock, some paper, some stamps, and an idea for some fun little goodies for fall.
  • I have some stuffed toy balls cut out and waiting to be sewn
  • My desk is only half-way decluttered...
  • I need a skein or two of Skinny Dyed Cotton wound
  • I could at least cast on the beret that's next for me, right?
  • Embroidery!
  • Crayon shaving & wax paper leaves, anyone?
  • and maybe I should pack a bag for the hospital...

Nothing personal, but if I have crafty pictures to show you tomorrow, I'm going to be very crabby. (Patience is not my strongest virtue, I'm ready to have this baby.)

Bring it on, Murphy.

Happy knitting-

ali

7 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Oh dear... yes I agree, small manageable tasks are best when overdue. But definitely keep up the tasks. When I was "ready" and just waiting... I did not fare well. The movie is about 5 hours long... that gives baby enough time no? I'm sure you'd be happy to usher baby out in 5 hours. Hang in there!

10/15/2008 4:45 PM  
Blogger km said...

I can't even imagine being that overdue. I went right on time, 2 1/2 weeks early, then 5 weeks early. They guessed the next one would be hard to keep in so we stopped. Wish I could encourage him to come meet his brothers & sisters for you.

I have some of those crayon leaves hanging in my window right now. Tot much real evidence of fall in the weather (it was over 90 today) so we have to create our own.

I hope I see a baby post soon.

10/15/2008 7:46 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

oh ali! i have been thinking about you!!!!

5 days late. oy. but just think of the extra time. um. you know. doing. um. crafts! :) those wax paper leaves are going to be fabulous!

alright. i will continue to think of you. and can't wait to hear about the baby!!!

10/15/2008 8:06 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Gosh - you are handling 5 days late so much better than I would! But, most docs won't let you go much past a week or so over, so no matter what, you don't have too long to go.

10/15/2008 9:12 PM  
Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

Love reading your posts, but I'm with you and would rather have pics of the little 'un to oodle at and dream up cute little hats to match the wee one.

With all but my first they induced me because I deliver too fast, but still I do remember with #2 after being on bedrest since 20 weeks the frustration between 36 and 38 weeks when the little one didn't budge, until he was jumpstarted.

Thinking of you.

10/15/2008 10:46 PM  
Blogger Kendra Fletcher said...

The book might not do it, but I did once go into labor shortly after putting in the movie of Pride and Prejudice. It's worth a try ;)

10/16/2008 1:01 AM  
Blogger Stephanie B said...

That crayon idea looks really neat!! I might have to try that. The baby will come when they are ready, this probably says something about its personality!

10/16/2008 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails