Friday, October 03, 2008

7 More Days


My current 'baby' is getting so big! One of her current favorite things is helping with the laundry! I hope she sticks with it, as it's not one of my current favorite things...

Baby is 'due' in 7 days. I was hoping to go early for the first time. I think it has something to do with one of the definitions of insanity- 'doing the same thing over again, expecting a different result...' I've never gone early, not on my own anyway. So, in the meantime, while this baby continues to grow something like a half a pound with each passing week, I'll be too busy to notice the next few days pass, and may not start feeling too sorry for myself until, oh, about the day before my 'due' date.

Things I managed to get done in the last 24 hours-
  • sew a jumper for oldest daughter
  • prewash fabric for some skirts
  • knit teenager a hat for soccer in his team colors (the rest of the season gets chilly in Minnesota, especially while standing on the sidelines, especially after buzzing off all of your hair...)
  • cook up some bulk ground beef to freeze for easy mealtimes after baby

Things I'd like to get done today-

  • cast on another baby sweater
  • knit a striped cotton hat for Little M to match the Kid's Kimono that is now hers
  • write out and edit a couple recent hat patterns
  • bake a big pumpkin coffee cake
  • cook up more meat- this time, taco meat, to freeze for after baby
  • big grocery list
  • actual grocery shopping/pantry stocking

Things going on tomorrow-

  • mom and aunt coming up to take over the painting of 2 girls' bedrooms
  • teenager needs to be dropped off at 7am (on a Saturday!!!) for 2 'away' soccer games
  • 3 other kids have violin recital (teenager will me missing it, stinker)
  • actually hoping NOT to go into labor, just for tomorrow, come Sunday, hoping's back on...
  • husband's plans were cancelled, so he can make it to recital, which means he can drive, which means I can knit on the way!

Oh, and I should add, somewhere on the list- digging out more needles to cast on for the Mystery Sock KAL, better late than never, right?!

Happy knitting-

ali

6 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Wow, well at least you won't been sitting around fretting about your delivery, right?;)

10/03/2008 5:46 PM  
Blogger psalm127 said...

Wow usally at this time of my pregnancy I am moving slow, I too never go on time. Love the little one helping. They are so precious at this age. Praying for a smooth delivery.

10/03/2008 6:53 PM  
Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

If that list doesn't start labor, I don't know what will. It sounds like you have quite the nesting stage going on, so maybe any day now.

I taught my oldest boys (now 12 and 10, then 9 and 6) to do the laundry (they begged me to teach them) when I had my youngest and they loved to throw in a load of towels as I was caring for the baby.

10/06/2008 8:25 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

oh ali! your lists are amazing.

i wish i lived near to bring you a meal after the baby comes!

hope you are well.

10/06/2008 9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with it all!

10/06/2008 10:58 PM  
Blogger psalm127 said...

ticker reads one day!!! we are waiting to hear. Take care of yourself

10/09/2008 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails