Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Little Health Drama, Anyone?


None for me, thanks, I've had enough...
As if a week of worry and little-to-no sleep due to a child struggling with asthma and double pneumonia weren't enough, it took most of last week just to get a little energy back, only to be hit late Thursday with a little unintentional detoxing. Um, yeah, this is no little stomach bug, I'm on day 6 and I've hardly eaten more than a couple crackers, and even those caused much pain and distress. Sipping Sprite and Gaterade, yeah, that's painful as well, not to mention the fact that they don't seem to want to stay in my body for any length of time... ugh... this can't be good for a pregnant body. My legs are weak and shaky, which is an improvement on the intense aches and pains of the weekend, it was as though my very bones hurt... (cue sad violin music) sigh...

4 of my 6 children have gotten bit by the bug as well, though thankfully not nearly as bad as me, I guess I'm just lucky this time... There are many joys that come with having a big family- all those pinchable cheeks, more laughs and giggles, hugs and back pats, I could go on and on, but at times like this I am faced with the harsh reality that along with those big family blessings comes the inescapable fact that when a stomach bug hits, there is a lot more puking going on here than in the average American home... oh well, gotta take the bad with the good, right? This too, shall pass...

I've managed to knit precious little- seamed and finished the little Girl's Sundress, another inch on my current sock, and I'm up to the sleeves on an Easy Raglan. I've managed to sew even less, though I am working on a couple cute bags from Bend the Rules Sewing,




and I still have a couple skirts to finish up, and some cute little stuffed balls for baby gifts all cut out and waiting patiently for me to sew and stuff...

Oh, and bloomers, as soon as I get the little pink bloomers made, I'll get some pics of the finished sundress, but first I need to make an earnest effort to do some catching up on all the laundry and dishes that haven't been getting done with all of the sickness going on around here.

More later, happy knitting-
ali

ps- I did manage to drag my shaky self out to Shepherd's Harvest festival on Sunday afternoon, I'll have to post about that asap, along with the story of my dh's thoughful Mother's Day gift... soon... soon...

5 Comments:

Blogger Traci said...

glad you're all on the mend!

i would post more, but no one seems to read it, so...
:)

5/13/2008 3:48 PM  
Blogger raining sheep said...

Wow, that sucks! all that illness and honestly, there is nothing worse than lots of kids puking...well except maybe when you are doing the same thing. I love the Bend the Rules Sewing book. Just purchased it because I want to get back into sewing. Health and quick healing wishes to all of you.

5/14/2008 8:48 AM  
Blogger Knit-Wit said...

Ugh! Sounds aweful! Hope you're back to 100% soon.

5/14/2008 10:30 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Feel better soon--ugh!!

5/14/2008 2:53 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

oh ali! i sure hope the family is having a great week!
feel better soon.

5/14/2008 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails