Friday, April 11, 2008

Let's Hear it for the Yarnery Family Singers!

Ravelry rocks! You all knew that, I know, but I just had to say it. Thanks to Ravely, I actually heard about an event before it happened... and, managed to score not only a ticket for myself, but tickets for one of my dear friends and my knitting sister. We braved the blizzard (and the University of Saint Thomas parking ramps), yep, I said blizzard... and enjoyed an evening with The Harlot, herself.

The ride home was treacherous. What should have taken 1 hour, took 2... there was fishtailing, there was near zero visibility at times, and there was a large snowplow in the middle of the highway coming way too close for comfort, despite the fact that I was as far over onto my unplowed shoulder as I dared to be, considering the deep ditch just beyond... I was thankful for modern technologies such as traction control.

I'm still recovering from the stress of it all (that's excuse-speak for 'been to busy to compose a brilliant, or at least slightly above average blog post') but I had to take a moment and share these brilliant clips from the evening's pre-Stephanie entertainment. The folks at The Yarnery were/are fabulously clever and talented, and I'm so glad someone captured these moments on video! Enjoy!

Yarnery Family Singers- part 1, posted by Shelly Kang




Yarnery Family Singers- part 2



Yarnery Family Singers- part 3



Yarnery Family Singers- part 4



These clips make me giggle, a lot.

That's it for tonight, I'm falling asleep.

Happy knitting-
ali

8 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

Man - I am so sad that I had to miss it! I can't wait to see how Stephanie blogs that particular appearance!

What clever and creative people. Not to mention brave to get up and sing like that !

4/12/2008 7:05 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

How fun!! Did you see Franklin ('The Panopticon') there? Those Youtube clips are hilarious!!

4/12/2008 8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was awesome. What was Stphanie's reaction to all that.

I was laughing so hard, I ended up crying!

4/13/2008 10:33 AM  
Blogger Knittymama said...

Glad you had fun and the tickets went to good use!!! It was nice meeting you the other day:-)

4/13/2008 2:35 PM  
Blogger ikisti said...

it was a great night. glad you made it back safe.

4/13/2008 7:44 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

What a fun night! Thanks for posting those clips. [giggle]

I didn't know you were expecting! Congratulations!!!!! (I'm more behind on blog reading than I thought.)

4/14/2008 11:59 AM  
Blogger Knit-Wit said...

That is just too funny. I just finished performing as Sister Margaretta in "The Sound of Music" and had my fill of "Maria". What a fun twist to a great song :)

4/14/2008 4:10 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

that was a great night wasn't it?! even through all the snow and walking!
good times...good times...
;)

4/23/2008 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails