Sunday, February 21, 2010

Winter Whites

A favorite recent pic...

I have to admit, the past few weeks I may have enjoyed playing with yarn and my camera a wee bit more than I've enjoyed playing with yarn and my needles. There was just something about the simple beauty of the soft white yarn on the soft white snow. I'm usually one to favor bright and intense colors, lots of them, especially if stripes are involved, but the clean and crisp, it captivated me.

What has captivated you recently? I hope there is something. I always seem to be energized by being captivated by something new, something special, something wonderful, filling me with wonder... There must be something...

Whatever it is, I hope it makes you smile inside and out!

Happy knitting-
ali

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I love your pictures on this blog!! I am a wanna-be knitter...but I seriously have ADD when it comes to actually finishing. I love yarn, and all of it's beautifulness...but whenever I do knit something...it never turns out like I had imagined it! I just recently knit a hat for my daughter and she is 4! I think it will fit her when she is 12! Oh well, I'll just drool at your pictures!

2/22/2010 8:12 PM  
Blogger Kristyn Knits said...

Valentine's Day crafting captivated me over the past few weeks...now I'm trying to find the time to post about my fun adventures. hope you'll be enjoying the needles soon.

2/23/2010 12:48 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I love shades of winter whites. Great pics.

Ruth

2/23/2010 6:53 PM  
Blogger stitching under oaks said...

I'm really enjoying some sewing right now and I'm looking for the next knitting project...I'm thinking white, so your yarn photo really inspires me.

3/06/2010 1:40 PM  
Blogger Knittymama said...

Quilting....hand quilting even. I'm dreaming about it non-stop.

Love the whites!

3/09/2010 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails