Friday, January 22, 2010

Take 2


I headed outside of my cave-like home for some natural light. I'm much more satisfied with this shot, hoping to capture another nice one today. This could prove to be an interesting project, less than a month into it and I'm having to really think about the shots so they don't all end up looking the same.

I went ahead and started a flickr group, just because I could. (grin) Hop on over and join up, if you'd like to play along, so we can all see each other's creativity in yarnography. Do not, I repeat, do NOT, feel pressured to have to take, edit, and post a pic everyday. Close enough is close enough. Skip a few days? Take a few pics the next time, it's still keeping with the general idea, no strait-jackets here.

The ONLY rule is to HAVE FUN with it!

I'm hoping to get caught up, or at least close to it, (trying not to pressure my own perfectionist self) with my editing and uploading this weekend. That, and finishing the scarf that has me baffled. It's not really the scarf, it's the mistake I made, I still can't figure out how I did it. (I will explain later, after I've conquered, or at least compensated.) I am what you could call completely confused, but I am also determined to knit on. It's one of those mistakes that no one would notice, if I didn't show & tell them...
Back with more soon,
happy knitting-
ali

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Amanda said...

You go girl! I have a flickr group too. Its mostly for baking stuff... but it is so fun to see how creative people can be!

Loving your picture on this post... how fun!

Blessings-
Amanda

1/23/2010 5:57 PM  
Anonymous larissa said...

great photo! so nice to see that bright wool against all that snow! good luck with scarf - can't wait to see it. have a wonderful weekend.

1/23/2010 8:08 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

lovely yarn and image!
I'll check out the group.

1/25/2010 9:35 AM  
Blogger Kristyn Knits said...

looks like it's just waiting for you to knit it up! what a lovely scene.

1/26/2010 3:35 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

okay... that is the greatest photo....
i would fave it over on flickr 100x if i could.
i will absolutely check out the group!

1/27/2010 5:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love this photo! It's awesome.

1/27/2010 5:26 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Yarnography sounds like fun. I just posted some pics of new yarn on my blog. I am loving it.

Ruth

1/28/2010 12:51 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Beautiful photo. I absolutely love it. I've had fun scrolling down your blog and looking at your creations. Thanks for signing up for my wristlet give away!
- Suzanne
justanotherhangup.blogspot.com

1/29/2010 10:01 AM  
Blogger stitching under oaks said...

what a wonderful photo! This needs to be made into some cards...I'd send them to all my knitting friends. I'm headed over to check out the flickr group. Stay warm!

2/01/2010 11:05 AM  
Blogger Sarah Jane said...

I love this picture. So Minnesotan! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope you are cozy and warm inside knitting away!

2/09/2010 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails