Friday, January 15, 2010

A Year in Yarn, 2010 - Day 1


I had an idea, and I'm late to edit and post my pics. At least, I'm late if the idea was to start on January 1st, which it was, but, oh well, here goes...

The idea was/is to chronicle A Year in Yarn. A pic a day, of yarn, Easy-peasy. Think Project 365 meets yarn. It will be interesting to see how my eye for yarn develops over the year.
I've seen some pretty nice yarnography around the web. Much of it inspires me, good photos do that, inspire. I'm having so much fun getting to know my camera more and more each day and am so very excited to see what this new year of learning how to take good pictures will bring.
Every now and then I steal a moment or two to edit some pics and save in a special folder. I'd love to print up some mosaics every few weeks and add them to my knitting journal throughout the months ahead. Pictures are worth so much more when printed out to be shared and enjoyed
Years from now, if I ever get the chance to knit with my children's children, it would be so sweet to have pictures of this time in my life, this time when I am drawn to yarn and all of its possibilities.
Care to play along?
Happy knitting-
ali

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

Fun idea... I'm in the process of cleaning out / documenting stash - might join you in some of this.

Is that some Spud and Chloe sweater? If so, I have some of the same waiting to be knit up into a baby blanket. Love the color.

1/16/2010 10:42 AM  
Blogger stitching under oaks said...

i love taking pictures of everything...yarn included. I'll enjoy seeing your captures.

1/16/2010 5:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just finished 'cleaning up' my yarn stash and although there's a lot of ordinary yarn in there, it might make for some extraordinary pictures. I think I'll play along. Thanks for the idea!

1/17/2010 3:54 PM  
Blogger Knittymama said...

What a great idea! I wonder if I could keep up??:-)

Are you going to Yarnover? Franklin Habit will be there with a session on photographing your yarn.

1/20/2010 11:17 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

What a great idea. I can't wait to see all your pictures.

Ruth

1/22/2010 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails