Friday, January 01, 2010

Another Day, Another Year, Another Sock


Ah, so much to knit, so little time... I know, we're only 1 day into the new year, a lot of time lies ahead of us, but personally, it wouldn't matter how many years lie ahead, I've got a lot going on, and I always feel the familiar "There aren't enough hours in a day" lament in a very real way.

There might be enough hours if there weren't so many things I wanted to do each day, one of the prices to be paid for being such a well-rounded person, I guess.

That being said, there out to be enough hours to finish this little unfinished baby sock. Ok, this big baby sock, for the very big chubby foot of my growing little guy. He may be 14 months old and an accomplished walker, but he's still my baby, with big feet.

The first pair I whipped up a couple weekends ago looked big enough on the needles. They even looked big enough laying there all finished and just waiting for Baby J to wake up from his nap.

And then I tried to get them on his feet. They were a might bit constricting, um yeah, bummer. Oh, well, my baby sister is due with a baby boy in February...


What did you knit first this year? Do tell...!

Happy New Knitting Year!

ali

11 Comments:

Blogger a friend to knit with said...

i am giggling at you trying to shove a sweet baby foot into your precious socks.
i just love knitters. :)
xx

1/01/2010 3:01 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Precious. My little Will needs some socks that will stay on his feet - I might have to move baby socks to the top of my 2010 list :)

Happy New Year!

1/02/2010 5:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I knit a hat from a garnstudio pattern adn then ripped it out cause it was a funny shape. That's what happens when you sub St st for garter and don't adjust. Will be trying it again and modifying the crown decreases.

Happy New Year!

1/02/2010 9:57 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

The perfect excuse to knit another pair of those cute little socks! I love the little stripes! My first knit of the year will be finishing up a scarf that didn't get done by Xmas...the recipient has been waiting for almost 2 years for it...figured she wouldn't mind a few more weeks!

I wish you and your family an amazing year in 2010!

1/02/2010 3:18 PM  
Blogger Machelle said...

I love those. Also sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you are back on the mend.

1/02/2010 10:49 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

They are too cute. I agree there are not enough hours in the day.

Ruth

1/04/2010 3:02 PM  
Blogger From All Stitched Up said...

My first project of the year is some mittens for one of my customers. I've been having fun. Happy knitting !

1/04/2010 9:07 PM  
Blogger Kristyn Knits said...

there's never enough time for me either. I'm just trying to make the most of each moment.
love your little knits. wish you would have shown us the little toes!

1/05/2010 8:07 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

I think I may put 'baby socks' on my knitting list for this year. They look cute and easy. I just need to see a heel knit in action. The rest is easy peasy!
:D

1/07/2010 6:54 PM  
Blogger Christina Lane | The Sometimes Crafter said...

Yea, your site is back up! It wasn't loading for me earlier today. I just had to stop by and tell you how funny I found your comment today. I was being just like Homer Simpson in gifting Marge a bowling ball. ;)

1/12/2010 11:49 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

great socks...me...I procrastinated through the holidays!

1/15/2010 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails