Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'm on a Roll


Time to make a hat for my 9 yr old (trying a Bulky Thorpe)- he's old enough to smile for the camera, even if he can't stand having things on his head, which he can, but it seems his wee little brother can't, and yet, I keep knitting baby hats, compulsively... I think I've knit 6 for this little guy, none of which have stayed on very long, but they sure look cute, even on these guys...

Gearing up for a sweater for myself- Eastlake, I'm thinking it would make a good January knit. Need to finish up a new kid's design I'm working on, and a simple scarf in the Brushed Suri, and the big Bulky Thorpe, and... well, we'll see.
Colds and sore throats are moving through the house. We're buying stock in vitamins and medicinal teas as we have 2 asthmatics, one of which has a very bad habit of ending up in the ER or even admitted in the hospital for a few days, every time a wee little bug turns into double pneumonia overnight... trying to avoid that this season. I think I'll be heading to town for a fresh chicken or two to make some good old fashioned Chicken Soup, a la Nourishing Traditions, though I'm not so sure they sell the fresh chicken feet at Cub. A regular ol' carcass will have to do...
I am beginning to succumb to the sore throat myself- time for an energizing hot bath, and an early and hopefully full, night's sleep.
Happy knitting-
ali

7 Comments:

Blogger a friend to knit with said...

oh my gosh, ali. your little guy is adorable! and wow. he is growing so fast. i can see it from here!!!

i hope those darn germs stay away!!! be well, you. xx

12/11/2008 8:58 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

adorable crying baby! lol

slippery elm tea. the best remedy though is a lemon cut in half with a dried japanese "crack" or plum seed wedged in, let it set then such the lemon /plum juice...works every time!

12/13/2008 1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried the meat dept. at Coborn's?

They are good with "special" orders if you call ahead...and they also carry alot of the "stuff" recommended for those Nourishing Traditions recipes.

Just a thought...

12/13/2008 8:39 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Id it wrong that I think those screaming lil babe pictures are adorable??

12/13/2008 9:13 AM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

Here's an idea for you. I used to work in a Chinese restaurant and they always had fresh chicken feet in the walk-in. Maybe your local place would sell you some?

12/13/2008 3:20 PM  
Blogger psalm127 said...

Love Nurishing Traditions. Use it quite a bit myself. We have a Mexican market here called Viarta(SP?) That is where I find my chicken feet to make the soup base.

Love the adorable hats. I think I have 3 ufo's on needles and a whole slew of stuff I want to knit up. Right now I am finishing up the last two Christmas dresses for my girls. Did two earlier in the week and the older two today. After cutting the last of the skirts I found I had less than 1/2 inch of fabric left. Wow talking about cutting it close. They say it may snow here,....I will believe it when I see it. lol Love to see what you have been doing..Thanks for sharing.

12/13/2008 4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing more adorable than a new baby in handknits. He is so precious!

12/14/2008 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails